Complete PC For 30k

Artemis

The Last Puff
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly Movies, Music, Coding (Could be a little intensive in the future)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, A minimum 22". If the budget is overshooting, please suggest me a 20" too.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Starting from scratch. Will need everything.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In an hour. It's quite urgent!

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Building on my own.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: SP Road Bangalore.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: A good set of speakers and monitor is an absolute must. Apart from that the occasional gaming like CS or DOTA will be done.

Budget - 30k

ProcessorIntel i3 41308,030
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H81M-S14,200
Memory
EVM DDR3 2 GB x2 1333 MHz

Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyAntec BP3002,000
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD3,100
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L9,000
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total31,630

For urgent suggestions, refer to the PC Buying guide: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/182362-pc-buying-guide-2014-q2.html

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
I was hoping to get a FX-6300 from AMD and a 1 TB HDD along with Speakers and a UPS too in 30k. THe config that you have stated looks a little above the price

And do I need a DVD Drive? I have a USB DVD Drive with me, which I may be able to use for installation. Can't I?

I also want the cabinet to be of a good quality to allow the the six cores to have enough cooling.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Go with the Intel configuration.... If u don't need a DVD done then don't buy n save the money n buy a cabinet

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
But I need to fit in speakers and ups too in that budget

And three recommendation already overshoots 30k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly Movies
do you decide which multiplex to go to watch movies based on quality of popcorn served or the quality of screen?for anyone whose main usage is watching movies a good monitor is absolute minimum meaning at least ~8.5k for monitor only.you can buy cheap Rs.100 keyboard,mouse & a local Rs.700 psu & a Rs.1000 ups but do not save on monitor.try to get cheaper old generation intel processor & mobo to further save money.

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
That's why I need your suggestions. something that fits my needs while also being light on the wallet

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I was hoping to get a FX-6300 from AMD and a 1 TB HDD along with Speakers and a UPS too in 30k. THe config that you have stated looks a little above the price

And do I need a DVD Drive? I have a USB DVD Drive with me, which I may be able to use for installation. Can't I?

I also want the cabinet to be of a good quality to allow the the six cores to have enough cooling.

AMD config requries a GPU, your budget wont allow a good GPU.. getting a crappy gpu isnt recommended as integrated intel will satisfy all your needs

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i already gave suggestions.buy older generation i3(3rd gen ivy or 2nd gen sandy) & mobo instead of latest 4th gen haswell.look around in shops to get the best deal but do post here & wait for a day to get replies before buying.

Cilus

laborare est orare
My suggestion is Kingston HyperX Blue 4GB X 1 1600MHz DDR3 Ram which is available around 2.7K in Flipkart. If you want to reduce price then get the following:-
AMD FX-4300 @ 6.4K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 4.0 @ 4.1K (Comes with HD 3200 iGPU which can handle 1080P content)

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
I bought the i3 configuration as posted in the first reply. The processor is quite cheap 7k and the mobo is 4k only. Peru much the whole package in 31k.

Top Bottom