Comparision between Galaxy S plus and Galaxy R

amit3987

Broken In
I am planning to purchase a new mobile in the coming days and am confused between the Galaxy R and the Galaxy S plus ?

From what I have read, I understand that Galaxy S plus is just an overclocked version of Galaxy S with an Amoled screen.. while the Galaxy R is the downgraded version of the SGSII...

Need comments on which one would be better in terms of performance (web browsing, some gaming, acting as a music player, etc.)

Also if there are any good alternatives to the above two in the range of 21-24 K..

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Galaxy R undoubtedly if u're ok with SC-LCD...

Yesterday the price of GR has been slashed by 2k at both LB & flipkart, now its available for only Rs. 21,899 at LB

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Preferably buy phones which have been released in multiple countries, especially the US. That way you can be assured of good community support and timely updates.

dharmil007

Journeyman
Comaprisiion between Galaxy R & Galaxy S Plus :-

Galaxy R over Galaxy S Plus

• GyroScope Sensor
    1GB RAM vs 512mb
    Touchwiz 4.0 {though not sure}
    Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 AP20H chipset

Galaxy S Plus over Galaxy R

• Super AMOLED Screen vs SC-lCD
    higher ppi
    Single Core 1.4 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255T Snapdragon

on the specs sheet, galaxy R looks more promising then Galaxy SL.

But u need to also check community support for both these fones.

OP
amit3987

amit3987

Broken In
Galaxy R undoubtedly if u're ok with SC-LCD...

Yesterday the price of GR has been slashed by 2k at both LB & flipkart, now its available for only Rs. 21,899 at LB

I checked LB and FLipkart.. at both the places it is priced at 22,900..
If you could provide a link for the price you mentioned.. it would be great

Comaprisiion between Galaxy R & Galaxy S Plus :-

Galaxy R over Galaxy S Plus

• Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 AP20H chipset

Galaxy S Plus over Galaxy R

• Single Core 1.4 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255T Snapdragon

on the specs sheet, galaxy R looks more promising then Galaxy SL.

But u need to also check community support for both these fones.

Is there some site where they provide a comparision on the moblie CPU's and GPU's.. I dont want to spend 23k and end up with a phone.. which would come with some handicaps.. like not being able to play HD videos or latest games..

Is the Galaxy R correctly priced right now.. or can we expect some more correction ?? Had read somewhere that the Galaxy R should be priced at 20 K given its specs ...

Also.. any other suggestions for mobiles in this price range.. I saw that Xperia Arc too retails around 23K.... is it better than the one's mentioned above ??

Last edited:

s_holmes

Broken In
I checked LB and FLipkart.. at both the places it is priced at 22,900..
If you could provide a link for the price you mentioned.. it would be great

Just apply the coupon code "lb5poff" in Letsbuy.com. The price will be reduced by Rs. 1000

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Just apply the coupon code "lb5poff" in Letsbuy.com. The price will be reduced by Rs. 1000

exactly... only this coupon is working nowadays in LB btw yesterday i came across an ebay link of Galaxy R selling only for 21490...... reduce further 5%(if u've coupon)
but that listing has ended now

aroraanant

Explorer
If you need to choose among these two then Galaxy R is the one you should go for.
And Arc for 23k isn't worth,if it was available for 19-20k then it would be good.
You can also have a look at Desire S or Incredible S

Top Bottom