Compare sony w810i and nokia 6233

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreyas S

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum. I'm looking to buy a phone with a good camera and music player. I've heard Sony w810i and nokia 6233 are good. Also read a thread about comparison between these two. But that post was a year old. With all the upgrades and patches available today, which phone do you think is better? My budget is within 10k. Also how r nokia 6300 and nokia 3120Classic?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
u can get far better phones for 10k dude.
i wud recommend a W610i or W660i which are much slimmer and are walkman. Both ar below 9k.
Or u can go for a K790i for 9.8k.
Im using K790i[and EP 630] with a custom acoustics and now it sounds far far better than any walkman's or probably the best stock music phones.
Nokia 5310 Xpress too is a good option and have got gr8 looks too.

3120 and 6300 are craps when pure music quality is primary concern.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
If you wish to save some money and is looking for a quality music phone and a decent camera go for 6233. It is a value for money phone.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ya, 810 is surely a gr8 phone, but its too old model. Its much bulky in thickness compared to newer 610i or 660i.

New

Padawan
I recommend 6233 as it comes below 7k, and it has a decent camera and dual speakers..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, for 10K, nothing beats K790i.......

Awesome 3.2mp camera with AutoFocus and Xenon flash plus, it also has great sound quality.....

----------------------------
You should be considering Nokia 6233 and W810i, only when you've got budget of 8K. But if comparing,them....
I would say W810i overall. It has got very good music playback, the best 2mp mobile camera regarded with AutoFocus and Flash. It has got EDGE but no 3G..

Positives of 6233 include, VGA recording and 3G....

Its much bulky in thickness compared to newer 610i or 660i.
Indeed W810i is thicker, but W610i and W810i almost have equal weight. But I feel nothing wrong in getting a thicker mobile when you get a far better 2mp camera - like in W810i. Thats why I prefer W810i over W610i.

@threadstarter: K790i will be best for you.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
K790i is great for your budget.

Go with W810i or 6233 only if you are tight on pocket.

if you want to spend less and wanna get VFM phone just go with 6233
it has the best stereo sound speakers and also having good camera
the video recording with this phone gives really better result than any other phone in this range. some may find this phone bulky but i think its looks simple and good one. it also very popular phone from nokia
w810i is also overall good phone. and excellent for both camera and music. it is also very good. if you want stylish music phone then go with w580i.
k550i is also a good option and you can mod it to w610i and get both cybershot and walkman features

MasterMinds

hell boy
can 6233 play videos encoded in qvga resolution and at abou 23 to 30 fps...??? i guess it can any body having 6233 plz verify.....thanks

amit_at_stg

Broken In
Major problem in 6233 you cant rewind or forward the videos. Else it is the best handset. Sometimes lack in memory while using opera mini.

OP
S

Shreyas S

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I recently bought a K810i.Just wanted to know what custom acoustics is? Will i loose my warranty if i use that? where will i find that?:confused:

u can get far better phones for 10k dude.
i wud recommend a W610i or W660i which are much slimmer and are walkman. Both ar below 9k.
Or u can go for a K790i for 9.8k.
Im using K790i[and EP 630] with a custom acoustics and now it sounds far far better than any walkman's or probably the best stock music phones.
Nokia 5310 Xpress too is a good option and have got gr8 looks too.

3120 and 6300 are craps when pure music quality is primary concern.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hi,

I recently bought a K810i.Just wanted to know what custom acoustics is? Will i loose my warranty if i use that? where will i find that?:confused:

Patching is the process by which you can change the default drivers of your phone and install new modified drivers which are better. They can boost the sound quality, bass, camera or add any new functionality to your SE device.

Patching voids your warranty.

To know more about patching your SE k810i, go here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom