Compaq - Presario V6608AU

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Planning to buy a Compaq - Presario V6608AU notebook. Budget is Rs 35k. Any other model (irrespective of brand), plz suggest.

Thnx.
:)

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Can actually say multi-purpose.... A bit work (no heavy graphics though), gaming, but again not that big ones, but yes may go to Cricket 07, FIFA 08 etc.

But, the budget is 35k only.... :(

gopz

In the zone
Check out Acer 4520, it is real VFM around 30k only.

Also, Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook with Core 2 Duo for 36k -You can call Dell and bargain.

If I had a budget of ~35k, I would buy Dell Inspiron 1420 Notebook (with nVidia 8400GS graphics) - cannot beat the value at 36k. Go for it, and if you have any friends working at Dell, they can get you a good discount...

juggler

In the zone
Check out Acer 4520, it is real VFM around 30k only.

Also, Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook with Core 2 Duo for 36k -You can call Dell and bargain.

If I had a budget of ~35k, I would buy Dell Inspiron 1420 Notebook (with nVidia 8400GS graphics) - cannot beat the value at 36k. Go for it, and if you have any friends working at Dell, they can get you a good discount...

1.dell inspiron 1420 with 8400GS would go around 40k
2. Acer 4520 though value for money comes without a operating system (the 30k version) and drivers for winxp are missing

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Thnx 4 the suggestion guys,

Firstly, is Compaq - Presario V6608AU a good deal?

Secondly, if I go towards Dell Inspiron, which model to select btw
1420 or 1525 or some other? And wht wud be the cost?

Budget arnd 35K.

Thnx :)

Last edited:

juggler

In the zone
Thnx 4 the suggestion guys,

Firstly, is Compaq - Presario V6608AU a good deal?

Secondly, if I go towards Dell Inspiron, which model to select btw
1420 or 1525 or some other? And wht wud be the cost?

Budget arnd 35K.

Thnx :)

for 35k Compaq v6608au is a very good deal
Go for dell if u have a bit higher budget and u want a graphics card

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Thnx @juggler, however, if talking about DELL -

Dell Inspiron 1420 or 1525? Also, prices for both wud help.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Thnx @juggler, however, if talking about DELL -

Dell Inspiron 1420 or 1525? Also, prices for both wud help.
Compaq - Presario V6608AU is a good choice below 35k.

Between Dell 1420 and Dell 1525, go for Dell 1525....if you dont have money problem.

For latest price visit www.dell.co.in

You can do little barging also with their sales person on phone.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Firstly, both the Dell's, 1420 n 1525 r crossing 40k with Tax.

And, in 1525, only Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, is being shown as graphics card option. No nVidia 8400GS.

juggler

In the zone
^^ thats the problem with 1525

if ur budget is only 35K better go with compaq 6608au
Note:- compaq does not provide official drivers for winxp for 6608au

gopz

In the zone
Firstly, both the Dell's, 1420 n 1525 r crossing 40k with Tax.

And, in 1525, only Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, is being shown as graphics card option. No nVidia 8400GS.

Dell Inspiron 1420 (with 8400GS) costs 36k excluding taxes. If you bargain with the rep on the phone, most probably they will adjust the tax amount within 36k itself. I know many people who have got this price.

And, if you know anybody working at Dell, they can purchase it thru EPP for you, and you can expect further discount.

1.dell inspiron 1420 with 8400GS would go around 40k

2. Acer 4520 though value for money comes without a operating system (the 30k version) and drivers for winxp are missing

WinXP drivers are available, I can give you the links for that, and I confirm everything works fine under XP because one of my friends owns this laptop and is running XP.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Thnx 4 the suggestion guys, talking abt Compaq 6608.

It has AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 processor and nVidia GeForce Go 7150M GS card.

Firstly, how is AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 in comparison to Core2Duo? And what about the performance of nVidia GeForce Go 7150M GS?

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG

Firstly, how is AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 in comparison to Core2Duo? And what about the performance of nVidia GeForce Go 7150M GS?

How is AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 in comparison to Core2Duo? And what about the performance of nVidia GeForce Go 7150M GS?

juggler

In the zone
Dell Inspiron 1420 (with 8400GS) costs 36k excluding taxes. If you bargain with the rep on the phone, most probably they will adjust the tax amount within 36k itself. I know many people who have got this price.

And, if you know anybody working at Dell, they can purchase it thru EPP for you, and you can expect further discount.

WinXP drivers are available, I can give you the links for that, and I confirm everything works fine under XP because one of my friends owns this laptop and is running XP.

The drivers are available (though not bundled) on various websites do not work all the time
for reference: *priceguru.in/archives/features/895/8

gopz

In the zone
The drivers are available (though not bundled) on various websites do not work all the time
for reference: *priceguru.in/archives/features/895/8

I can confirm that everything works fine, because I know a friend who is using this laptop and EVERYTHING works fine and all devices function properly and there is no exclamation mark in device manager.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG

How is AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 in comparison to Core2Duo? And what about the performance of nVidia GeForce Go 7150M GS?

Someone answer this too....
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom