Comedy of errors creates bomb scare at Infosys campus

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Mangalore, Sep 26: As per the latest information from the Infosys campus where a call about a bomb planted in the premises led to evacuation on Thursday September 26, it is now learnt that a wrong number had resulted in the confusion. Instead of connecting the caller to Bombay (Mumbai) the call wrongly went to Infosys!

Police said that the call was made by a maid servant employed at the house of Kotiprasad Alva in Jail Road, Kodialbail.

Police sources said that as Alva was not home, the maid herself dialed the number to Mumbai and speaking in Tulu asked the person on the other end, "Bombay..Bombay?"

The person at Infosys who picked the call, said to be Hannan from Kerala, did not understand the lady's words and wrongly interpreted it as 'Bomb hai' (there is a bomb), which resulted in the panic.

By 4 pm, the employees began shifting back into the building and the situation returned to normalcy.

Earlier Report

Mangalore: Infosys gets bomb threat call, building evacuated

Pics: Dayanand Kukkaje / Brijesh Garodi
Daijiworld Media Network - Mangalore (DV)

Mangalore, Sep 26: Infosys campus located at Kottara here on Thursday September 26 received a call claiming that a bomb was planted in the premises.

As soon the call was recieved, the building was evacuated and police officials were informed.

ACP Kavitha arrived at the spot and inspection is under way. A canine squad has been pressed into action.

A five-member bomb detection squad has also arrived at the spot.

There is no information yet as to whether it was a hoax call.

Speaking to daijiworld, inspector Manjunath said that the call was received from a house at Jail Road, Kodialbail, and the number was in the name of Kotiprasad Alva. He further said that it was a female voice, and that Alva himself was not present at home at the time of the call.

More details awaited.

Mangalore: Comedy of errors creates bomb scare at Infosys campus

TROLL LOL LOL

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
:rofl:
once a Santa was travelling in Airplane & he was shouting "Bombay Bombay"
then Airhostess said: Be silent
Santa yelled: "Ombay Ombay"

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I dont usually post just rofl ... but If I would make an exception on this incident!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Top Bottom