harimankada

Broken In
Hi frnds

I ve a sys with following specs
intel dual core E5200
Biostar G31 d m7 MB
n 1gb ddr2 ram

k then
last day i added a 2gb Kingston ddr2 ram (same freq of existing one as told by the local retailer) and sparkle g force 210 1gb ddr3 graphics card to this.and upgraded to win7 64bit.

now the prob is tht after each shutdown the BIOS getting reset as it says ''CMOS value wrong...sumthing sumthing...and press f2 to load default values to continue ,del to enter setup"

I ve tried changing battery,but of no use.

NB:Things are ok wen its a restart or shutdown(without cutting ups supply to psu)

I tried googling a lot...but didn't helped....

PLS help....

OP
H

harimankada

Broken In
thts a nice option......but can u pls tell me why this has happened ........

Also pls tell tell me how to update my bios..

sabilamalik

Right off the assembly line
i have also the problem that When i turn on my computer i got CMOS settings wrong then theres i need to choose F1 : Run Setup and F2 : Run Default Value and Continue and i choose F2 then it not boot up normal so i need to press the reboot then it run up normaly then i see my date change back to 2004. HELP! how i can fix this?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ how old is your mobo - just buy a new CMOS battery and replace the current one - this should solve your issue.

thts a nice option......but can u pls tell me why this has happened ........

Also pls tell tell me how to update my bios..

your bios may be corrupted somwhow but there's also may be issue with the CMOS battery holder of the mobo ( though this is rare ).

As for how to update bios consult your mobo's manual - if you need more info we are here to help ;-)

Top Bottom