cloning hard disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccspdy400

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,

I have a laptop hdd(2GB) which is used in canon multifunction device(copier cum printer) that contains some software & fonts (pcl & ps) . Now i want to clone the hdd to another one. most of the software i tried displays that unallocated disk, i could not achieve my task, Please help me to copy it to another one.

Thank U

Email: muruperu6060@yahoo.co.in

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
cloning hard disks

Best software would be goood old Norton Ghost 7 well best thing about it is at Symantec Beta Place its written that Ghost 7 is free :p...

so google it.. and download it... just under a MB...

boot with a 98SE CD ROM or any boot able disk... and just make a image of the partition and restore it on the new HDD !! :p

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I think ghost will do the job fine

@saurav_cheeta
are u sure .. the latter verison 8.2 or true image will not detect it

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
rollcage said:
@saurav_cheeta
are u sure .. the latter verison 8.2 or true image will not detect it

well Symantec Claims that !! also... why i said ghost 7 over the newer version is because some how it has more compatability with Drives rather the most newer version also !!! (i felt that while useing it !!!)

but I havent tested ghost 7 with exact the same hardware mentioned in the post :p

so author may answer it better !! lets wait for him to get back !!! (hope he comes back to share the knoledge !!)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
saurav_cheeta said:
so author may answer it better !! lets wait for him to get back !!! (hope he comes back to share the knoledge !!)
ya will wait .. (i hope he does come back & shar the knoldge)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom