Cleaning of PC by vacuum cleaner

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
How about a mini usb powered vacuum cleaner, cleaning for PC/Laptops?
Is it effective?
Or do I need to use pressurized air cans,brushes,etc. for cleaning of my PC?
Suggestions/advice awaiting,Friends.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
lol..that usb vaccum is total crap..have seen them selling for under 100 bucks and they are good for nothing.
For cleaning keyboard use damp cloth or soft brush.
For cleaning internals of cabinet get yourself a blower..no need of air cans.
And try to keep away from cleansing agents.Keep dry and everything will be fine.Only prefer liquid cleansers on monitor screen.

koolent

Youngling
Well, For keyboard, open the screws, release thee top body along with which the keys will be there, wash it with dissolved Harpic or something like that, let it dry and reapply onto he chip, make sure no key is out of contact

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Well, For keyboard, open the screws, release thee top body along with which the keys will be there, wash it with dissolved Harpic or something like that, let it dry and reapply onto he chip, make sure no key is out of contact

Lol..he donts to do postmortem of KB.
He wants easy cleaning of all the components in minutes..thats why he considered Vaccum cleaner and youre telling him to rip apart the whole damn keyboard for cleaning!!!:shock:

Well, .... Harpic or something like that,

:rofl:

He wants to clean PC not toilet!!

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^ whats the point in it. Opening apart a keyboard to wash it in order to clean dust is mindless anyway.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
as suggested by sujeet, a blower, a pressurised air-can, a set of soft brushes (plus soft, dry cloth-piece), and a bit of care should do fine ;)

Gauravs90

geek........
Anyone knows how to clean the heatsink of my dell laptop, Its now blowing less air than before and making more noise when fan is running...

Renny

Padawan
A blower would do the job, costs less thank 1K, can be used inside the cabinet to very effectively get rid of the dust.

koolent

Youngling
check the air can out at theitdepot.com, its for about Rs. 200 + Shipping. It is meant for cleaning purposes only..

helion

Broken In
Many options exist.

1. Vacuum cleaner blowing in a low setting onto the computer box placed in a corner on the terrace/balcony.

2. Electronics cleaning putty.

3. Dismantle and clean (this may rule out some parts due to the warranty stickers etc, and also because some times it is not easy for everyone to separate the electronic/electrical parts from the others since many of them are glued in place by the maker etc.)

i. The electronic parts in IPA with lint free cloth or cotton.
ii. Plastic parts in soap or detergent solution, or Vanish/Easy Off Bang. I didn't use Harpic because it has 10% HCl.
iii. Metal parts similar to plastic parts but dry them immediately in Sun.​

Since the method 3 takes a lot of time and labour, even though it cleans the gear best, things look dirty within hours. :-D
Also, due to the washing, some of the lubrication applied during manufacturing may also get washed.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Anyone knows how to clean the heatsink of my dell laptop, Its now blowing less air than before and making more noise when fan is running...

U can either clean it from outside using soft brushes while the Laptop is on so that the fan keeps rotating while you push in the dust and that very moment it will be blown out.

Secondly,its not that good but try to trickle the sand cakes deposited in vents using brush with laptop inclined from left to right(or top to bottom as per the position of vents on laptop so that dust rolls down.)

Rapidly agitate the dust out of Vents with Brush:Rule Of Thumb:wink:

Gauravs90

geek........
U can either clean it from outside using soft brushes while the Laptop is on so that the fan keeps rotating while you push in the dust and that very moment it will be blown out.

Secondly,its not that good but try to trickle the sand cakes deposited in vents using brush with laptop inclined from left to right(or top to bottom as per the position of vents on laptop so that dust rolls down.)

Rapidly agitate the dust out of Vents with Brush:Rule Of Thumb:wink:

Thanks I will try it...

sukesh1090

Adam young
for cleaning keyboard, take a look of this article,
Guide - The best way to clean your keyboard | bit-tech.net
Conclusion
Brushes, canned air, hoovers and Cyber Clean are all great preventative methods against a manky, unhygeinic keyboard and the Cyber Clean goo was definitely our favourite method due to its simplicity, cost and speed.

However if you’ve left things too late and you have years of gunk built up on your keys, you either need to consider dumping it in the dish washer, or purchasing a new keyboard. Dishwasher cleaning really does give the best results, but you do run the risk of damaging the colour of your keyboard, and of course, permanent damage if you don’t dry the keyboard out properly.

Top Bottom