Citing rape culture, German prof's refuses to give internship to Indian student

gemini90

Journeyman
This piece of news deserves a thread of its own.

See this is how our fellow indian males will suffer due to crass stereotyping I mentioned in the Nirbhaya thread.

Viral now: Quora query on German prof's refusal to give internship to Indian student

Read more at: Viral now: Quora query on German prof's refusal to give internship to Indian student : India, News - India Today

In what appears to be a direct international fallout of the numerous rapes being reported from India, a student who had applied to a German university for admission has reportedly been turned down by a professor of the Leipzig University citing the rape culture in India.

*media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2015March/letter1_story-650_030915113914.jpg

If the screenshots of two emails, posted originally on Quora and later on Twitter, are to be believed, a professor from the Leipzig University - identified in one screenshot as Annette Beck Sickinger of the Institute of Biochemistry, Leipzig University - turned down the student saying, "unfortunately I don't accept any Indian male students for internships. We hear a lot about the rape problem in India which I cannot support. I have many female students in my group, so I think this attitude is something I cannot support, [SIC]"

*media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2015March/letter2_mos-650_030915113915.jpg

When the applicant reportedly mailed the professor saying that this was generalisation, the professor reportedly wrote back saying, "I fully agree that this is a generalisation and may not apply to individuals. However, it is also unbelievable that the Indian society is not able to solve this problem for many years now. Reports reach Germany on a weekly base, and especially these "multi-rape crimes" are threatening, but for me also demonstrate the attitude of a society towards women. Also female tourists are kidnapped by groups of males and then abused.

"Many female professors in Germany decided to no longer accept male Indian students for these reasons, and currently other European female association are joining. Of course we cannot change or influence the Indian society, but only take our consequences here in Europe."

The three screenshots of the email have gone viral on twitter with many people asking if it is true or not and others demanding that MEA take up the issue with the German ambassador.

Soon after reports of this came out, the German ambassador to India, Michael Steiner, wrote a scathing letter to Professor Sickinger condemning the refusal of internship to the student.

In his letter, Steiner wrote, "It has been brought to my attention that you denied an intemship to a male Indian student, giving "the rape problem in India" as a reason. Let me make it clear at the outset that I strongly object to this.

"The 2012 Nirbhaya rape case has refocused attention on the issue of violence against women. Rape is indeed a serious issue in India as in most countries, including Germany. In India, the Nirbhaya case has triggered a lively honest, sustained and very healthy public debate - a public debate of a quality that wouldn't be possible in many other countries. The Indian Government and Indian civil society organisations are very committed to tackling the issue.

"Yesterday we celebrated International Women's Day at the German Embassy here in Delhi with many local activists including many men. Your oversimplifying and discriminating generalization is an offense to these women and men ardently committed to furthering women empowennenti n India; and it is an offense to millions of law-abiding, tolerant, open-minded and hard-working Indians. Let's be clear: India is not a country of rapists.

There is a very famous dictum "An arrow once released and word once uttered can NEVER be taken back"

So no matter what judgement is pronounced, what apology is issued (Not that it will happen) the film CANNOT be withdrawn, or the negative stereotyping of Indians can never be erased from the minds of those who have seen it. The loads of commentary and articles that have followed can never be withdrawn. The wiki entry will never be taken down but a line might get added at the end.

Standard operating procedure in a media psyops. Why do you think BBC advanced the date of telecast for this latest video? The fear was if the Indians obtained some kind of stay in the UK. So they preempted that possibility and immediately pushed out the video for download. No matter what we do the original balance of opinion worldwide will never be restored.
.................................................................................
One Comment : I'm Intrigued by this story as it has massive legal ramifications. Should the events and communications referred to be valid, it means that there have been manifest breaches of the European Convention On Human Rights (Article 14 ) "The enjoyment of the rights and freedoms set forth in this Convention shall be secured without discrimination on any ground such as sex, race, color, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth or other status.".It reference to multiple German Female Professors and European Groups Joining in such Discrimination is of great interest, as it shown that Feminism (and those who espouse it) are not Pro-equality, but actively seek to discriminate not just on grounds of being male but also promote institutionalized Racism.
.................................................................................

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
this is really bad,a racism case should be slapped on the prof
stereotyping like that is not acceptable especially in a professional field like education
the same way,we should have been assuming the prof to be a modern day Nazi,two could have played at that game

its good that atleast the German Ambassador was accepting and kind to put down those racist remarks!!salute to such people who stand up for injustice!

OP
G

gemini90

Journeyman
Apart from that Britain should also be taught a lesson. There PM's have twice visited India regarding trade matters. PM Modi is scheduled to go there this year. Cancel it or at the very least delay it infinitely. If possible, show concern about the pedophilia issue in Britain at multinational institutions.

They are not going to understand our concerns any other way. They have a very bad habit of interfering in our domestic matters.

Last edited:

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
If britain and other european contries including america would stop indian students from taking education there then there tourism industry is going to hurt bad.

Also, indian students are supposed to be the brightest in the world. And the have a prominent position in every scientific organization etc. These indian scientist are what makes there NASA, European space agency etc tick. They are going to hurt there own cause.

Indian are not there because they need them. Most of the times its the other way round. And the german ambassador knows that.

Also, now things have changed indians increasingly want to work and study in there own country as there are not many opportunity as highly paid as in india.

All in all. If the european contries would discriminate against indians. They would be the ones to lose and not the other way round.

$hadow

Geek in making
:banghead::banghead::censored::censored::punch::punch: how on Earth can he do that. I mean he is referring that every person in India is a rapist.

A

amit.tiger12

not accept male students???..
but women can also rape men...

OP
G

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION] he is a she and she has shown her racial and sexist tendencies previous year too.

Has German professor denied opportunity to Indian students on more than one occasion citing India?s ?rape culture??

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
wow this is just sad.

Let me too generalize. They are Nazis. Once a Nazi always a Nazi!!

Nazism is an ideology of master race not stereotyping one gender against the other. Nazi once considered Aryan race as a true master race and that is us buddy.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nazism is an ideology of master race not stereotyping one gender against the other. Nazi once considered Aryan race as a true master race and that is us buddy.

Thanks for the fact check ! Glorious Aryan Master race.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

umm actually Nazis wanted to believe they were Aryans
the only Aryan descendents in India are the Saraswat Brahmins(namely the Goud Saraswat Brahmin Community)
there are only around 10 lakh descendents left all over India
most Indians belong to races such as Dravidians(South India) etc
Indians are not descendants of Aryans, says new study : North, News - India Today
*www.google.co.in/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=cin_VOX2JujV8geqh4DYAw&gws_rd=ssl#q=saraswat+brahmin+aryan

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
[MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION] he is a she and she has shown her racial and sexist tendencies previous year too.

Has German professor denied opportunity to Indian students on more than one occasion citing India?s ?rape culture??

So she it is.

Top Bottom