Cinema Screen design in LG TV

akshat khurana

Right off the assembly line
LG are calling their new range of TVs as having Cinema Screen design? What exactly is a cinema screen and does it mean better picture quality or viewing experience?

Kirtu Jindal

Broken In
Yes, indeed LG Smart TV has a Cinema Screen design, in obvious reference to the innovations that have been adopted for a better TV experience. The wide screen design is punctuated by a very thin bezel, which makes for a theater like immersive experience while watching in 3D. Features like 3D Depth Control, 3D Sound zooming and Magic Motion Remote further compliment the experience.

Sam22

TV Expert
SO can we say cinema screen is a name which LG gave to their current crops of 3D TVs lie they had given earlier the name of cinema 3d to their 2011 models.

LGWRGreg

LG Expert
Hi akshat khurana. LG WRman Greg here!

Thank you for showing interest in one of our products! The Cinema Screen Design is known for having a super thin bezel, and we named it such because it gives you a cinematic experience when watching 3D content. The thin bezel gives you a much more immersive experience while you are watching your favorite shows or movies. Our hope is that your viewing experience on this TV will be as pleasurable as watching movies at the theatre!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or check out the official site for more info at *www.lg.com/in/3d-tvLG.

WRman Greg out!

Sam22

TV Expert
Hi akshat khurana. LG WRman Greg here!

Thank you for showing interest in one of our products! The Cinema Screen Design is known for having a super thin bezel, and we named it such because it gives you a cinematic experience when watching 3D content. The thin bezel gives you a much more immersive experience while you are watching your favorite shows or movies. Our hope is that your viewing experience on this TV will be as pleasurable as watching movies at the theatre!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or check out the official site for more info at *www.lg.com/in/3d-tvLG.

WRman Greg out!

Hey Sherlock
I am looking forward to get a 3d Tv soon so I just wanna ask how this cinema screen design is going to differentiate itself from other brands?
What advantage in terms of getting the best PQ??

Sam22 out.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Technically speaking, the Cinema Screen Design is simply the aesthetic exterior of the TV and doesn't affect the picture quality at all. However, the design of the TV can also affect your experience watching TV. For example, having a near bezel-less design can help you have a more immersive experience with your TV -- the picture will look like it's floating in the middle of the air!

If you have any more questions, let me know!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

ziaul

Broken In
Hi Sherlock,
This is a question for you, does LG provide extended warranty? If yes, what are the charges for different model?

Thanks,
Ziaul

Sam22

TV Expert
Technically speaking, the Cinema Screen Design is simply the aesthetic exterior of the TV and doesn't affect the picture quality at all. However, the design of the TV can also affect your experience watching TV. For example, having a near bezel-less design can help you have a more immersive experience with your TV -- the picture will look like it's floating in the middle of the air!

If you have any more questions, let me know!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

SO IT means having a cinema screen design will mean to just have good looking TV and it won't better the PQ of the TV.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Hi Sherlock,
This is a question for you, does LG provide extended warranty? If yes, what are the charges for different model?

Thanks,
Ziaul

I will let you know as soon as I find out! Prices on warranties can change -- not to mention they are different depending on where you buy the TV from, but I will do my best to find out the general price range for the warranties!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

ziaul

Broken In
Hi Sherlock,
Thank you for posting back. I just want the price range and if it is possible to extend the warranty or not?

Thanks,
Ziaul

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Hi Sherlock,
Thank you for posting back. I just want the price range and if it is possible to extend the warranty or not?

Thanks,
Ziaul

You can get up a 3 year warranty extension, and that will set you back around Rs. 16,000. Remember that figure is a ballpark figure that is subject to change!

If you have any other inquiries, feel free to ask!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Cinema Screen Design is actually a design feature of LG Smart TV. While it has no role in improving PQ, it certainly improves watching experience by minimizing the TV frame - and this has a perceptible effect when watching in 3D.

anshchaturvedi438

What is so special about Cinema Screen Design of LG 3D TV? I mean, even the Samsung models look nearly the same - the same screen size, the same thin bezel.

Soham Roy

I have seen the demo of the Cinema Screen design 32LM3410 sometime back at a LG Shoppe. I believe the name LG choose for its current crop of 3D TV is akin to the Cinema like experience, where we have no distraction of an outer frame of a TV. That’s the only advantage I see of a thin outer frame.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
What is so special about Cinema Screen Design of LG 3D TV? I mean, even the Samsung models look nearly the same - the same screen size, the same thin bezel.

Well, by no means is the design a primary factor in buying a television, but I would say that for some, it does play a small part. Think of it this way: why do people buy certain furniture? Well, the primary reason would be for the utility. You buy a sofa based on how comfortable it is, and a table based on where you'll be placing it. But a secondary reason for a lot of furniture purchases is for the design. Beautiful furniture definitely sets the mood of a living room, and makes you eager to get back home from work! Likewise, LG put a lot of thought into the design of the TV because, well, it feels nice to have pretty things in your house! Like I said, however, the design of the TV in no way affects the picture quality, and therefore, should not be a primary deciding factor when purchasing one, but if everything is the same to begin with, you might as well make the prettier choice!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Sam22

TV Expert
Well, by no means is the design a primary factor in buying a television, but I would say that for some, it does play a small part. Think of it this way: why do people buy certain furniture? Well, the primary reason would be for the utility. You buy a sofa based on how comfortable it is, and a table based on where you'll be placing it. But a secondary reason for a lot of furniture purchases is for the design. Beautiful furniture definitely sets the mood of a living room, and makes you eager to get back home from work! Likewise, LG put a lot of thought into the design of the TV because, well, it feels nice to have pretty things in your house! Like I said, however, the design of the TV in no way affects the picture quality, and therefore, should not be a primary deciding factor when purchasing one, but if everything is the same to begin with, you might as well make the prettier choice!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

I agree with you on this but LG has been promoting it's bezel less feature from quite long and If it doesn't effect the PQ of the TV then why there is so much buzz of the Bezel in LG Tv?

Top Bottom