Cinema Screen design in LG TV

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
I agree with you on this but LG has been promoting it's bezel less feature from quite long and If it doesn't effect the PQ of the TV then why there is so much buzz of the Bezel in LG Tv?

It's similar to when the first "flat screen" televisions arrived. Before the flat screen televisions, all you had were fat CRT TVs. Nowadays, all TVs are essentially "flat screens". So what's next in development? Thin bezels. Thin bezels are the new "flat screens", if you know what I mean. LG is pretty much the company to popularize thin bezels.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Sam22

TV Expert
It's similar to when the first "flat screen" televisions arrived. Before the flat screen televisions, all you had were fat CRT TVs. Nowadays, all TVs are essentially "flat screens". So what's next in development? Thin bezels. Thin bezels are the new "flat screens", if you know what I mean. LG is pretty much the company to popularize thin bezels.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

So , If we summarize the end results, We can say that the bezel aren't going to have any effect on the PQ of the TV, It can just be used a design to boast of....

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
So , If we summarize the end results, We can say that the bezel aren't going to have any effect on the PQ of the TV, It can just be used a design to boast of....

Well, I guess if you put it that way, yes.

But the narrow bezel looks so pretty!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Ankit Omar

Broken In
Going through the LG website, I noticed that some TVs have "Cinema 3D" design, while others - especially in the LM Series Smart TVs - have "Cinema Screen" design. Is there a difference between the two?

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Going through the LG website, I noticed that some TVs have "Cinema 3D" design, while others - especially in the LM Series Smart TVs - have "Cinema Screen" design. Is there a difference between the two?

Cinema 3D is a reference to the passive 3D technology used in LG 3D TVs. The Cinema Screen Design is a reference the narrow bezel seen on the LM6400 to LM9600 LG TVs.

I hope this clears up your confusion!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

amisil

Right off the assembly line
Well, by no means is the design a primary factor in buying a television, but I would say that for some, it does play a small part. Think of it this way: why do people buy certain furniture? Well, the primary reason would be for the utility. You buy a sofa based on how comfortable it is, and a table based on where you'll be placing it. But a secondary reason for a lot of furniture purchases is for the design. Beautiful furniture definitely sets the mood of a living room, and makes you eager to get back home from work! Likewise, LG put a lot of thought into the design of the TV because, well, it feels nice to have pretty things in your house! Like I said, however, the design of the TV in no way affects the picture quality, and therefore, should not be a primary deciding factor when purchasing one, but if everything is the same to begin with, you might as well make the prettier choice!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Dear Sherlock,

I was planning to buy a 42LM6410 but my local store was not having one on the display. Wondering whether this particular model comes with that 1mm thin bezel as it is not very clear from the image of the model included in sales catalogue currently available at my locality in India (Kolkata South, West Bengal). I downloaded the user manual and found that the Digital Audio out from this TV is through an optical port. It really limits connectivity of the TV to digital hi-fi systems/amplifiers not having an optical port. The TV also cannot be connected to 5.1/7.1 Ch home theater systems (very popular in India for connecting directly to dvd players) where the speaker jacks (RCA) need to be directly connected to the amplifier/ device (in this case the TV). Neither the TV sports a 3.5 mm audio out jack which could easily be used to take audio out to connect it to laptop/ mini hi-fi systems via RCA jacks (3.5 mm X 2 RCA cables to be specific). Does it have an HDMI out port? Does the package include an HDMI calbe?

Amitava Sil

Top Bottom