Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
hey guys
i want to have chrome os...bt its kinda confusing. could somebdy post the complete step by step installation instruction.
i have ubuntu 8.10 as the base os
pls i want to have it

thnks

tc

sellyanes

Right off the assembly line
I am using the chrome live and It does not require any installation. I think Chrome OS is not about innovation, it's about business. Google needs market share for Chrome (the browser) and that's a way to achieve this (since the mini-notebook market is growing very fast). The question is why a new OS, since Android exist ? I don't have the answer to this question except the buzz and Vaporware effect that MS have been using for 20 years now.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You should be able to find VM images of Chrome OS on torrents. And then you can use VMWare Player under Ubuntu to run it.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
You should be able to find VM images of Chrome OS on torrents. And then you can use VMWare Player under Ubuntu to run it.

i dnt want to run it on a virtual machine or through any other os..
i want to see the real performance of the os...
has google provided with the os beta version on internet for download anywhere?
if yes..thn pls smebdy give me the link...if no...then how are ppl using it right now?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It is not an OS like you are thinking it to be. From what I've read, it is a minimalistic Operating System designed for netbooks and will only run on selected hardware.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
It is not an OS like you are thinking it to be. From what I've read, it is a minimalistic Operating System designed for netbooks and will only run on selected hardware.

its an os completely based on the internet...best for lappies which are used primarily for the internet...which is around 70% of the laptops.!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Install Chrome (the browser) - it is almost identical. The originial source code, where code is regularly logged, is available at the code.google chrome site. A image file is available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom