ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Please help me , I can't open of e-books having .chm extension . when ever I want to double click on this file , there is no response . :-(

Shah

Cyborg Agent
They are help files or documentation, not ebooks. You need MS HTML Help Control (hhctrl.ocx) to view those files. It comes pre-installed in Windows Operating Systems. But, IDK about any alternative for Linux.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
^I haven't heard about the unblocking thing. Can you explain it a bit more?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Please help me , I can't open of e-books having .chm extension . when ever I want to double click on this file , there is no response . :-(

can u try any chm viewer and check...
moreover if u rename the .chm to .rar and open it in winrar u will see jpeg files inside ;)

Zangetsu

Aren't they compiled HTML files?

yup they are html help files developed by Microsoft.

but If you are having problems opening CHM files, you should:

A) Identify a program that can open the file and
B) Check your PC for invalid registry entries and other speed issues.

Vignesh B

Youngling

Windows by default blocks file downloaded from the internet or other sources which "it" considers to be suspicious.
So, you need to manually unblock such files. Right click the file > Click on properties > click on unblock (Windows Vista/7/8 )

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
yup they are html help files developed by Microsoft.

I think, you're wrong. Anyone can develop a .chm file using some software. They are mainly used as documentation and help files. I have used Help Maker to develop some .chm files.

Windows by default blocks file downloaded from the internet or other sources which "it" considers to be suspicious.
So, you need to manually unblock such files. Right click the file > Click on properties > click on unblock (Windows 8 )

Oops, I'm not using Windows 8. And, I don't see the OP mentioning anywhere that he uses Win8.

So, you need to manually unblock such files. Right click the file > Click on properties > click on unblock (Windows 8 )

Oops, I'm not using Windows 8. And, I don't see the OP mentioning anywhere that he uses Win8.

Zangetsu

I think, you're wrong. Anyone can develop a .chm file using some software. They are mainly used as documentation and help files. I have used Help Maker to develop some .chm files.
Anyone can develop a .pdf,.jpeg,.html,etc etc file using some software

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
*s21.postimg.org/4ttuzfotv/chm.jpg

I try another e- books . it open but there are no displayed of anything. please help me .thank you. :-(

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Hmm.. your .chm viewer(MS HTML Help Control) is working fine. May be the file you are downloading are corrupted/not downloading properly.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
download ocx file from this link: *www.ocxdump.com/ocxfiles/H/HHCTRL.OCX
go to run type cmd and open command prompt. then run this command regsvr32 HHCTRL.OCX

and it should be working fine.

Top Bottom