China vs India

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Man why do I feel I'm being watched by @imav? :D. You know there is a friend of mine (not in touch) who could read my thoughts. Deja Vu!
Yes, I wanted to reply, but playing guitar in the dead of the night feels much better! This is your thread I guess. :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its not stupid, people in india have too much freedom and there are some who are misusing this freedom. india was better during british rule. once they left, mismanagement became rampant. you need to have some control. especially for india.

So in one sentence, you mean to say Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Mangal Pandey all died in vain?They died to give u the mess we live in today? They were wrong to stand up for their right and sacrifice their lives so that you can type the crap you are?

You'd rather want a Brit ruling us than we Tata going out and buying their presitge?

manishjha18

In the zone
i think indian food is much better--they eat cockroaches,snakes,larva---
and besides this i support rahul-there is nothing wrong in supporting india-yes we have poly-ticks(politicians) who have ruined our country-right from quota to playing ugly games like that of amarnath shrine.
but what mao did was ruthless--for 2 decades all things related to old chinese cultures were destroyed.people killed.

veiga2412

Techie in training
When people mention how communism is 'so amazing', I think of Russia - Bloody Friday... 'nuf said.

And while we do have corruption & poverty & illiteracy, we have to consider that other "super powers" like the US had 200+ years to get where they are now after they cast off the yolk of British rule themselves. We've only had 50-odd years. Give us a bit more time and I'm sure we'll sort ourselves out.

Also, as far as I've hard we Are ahead, in terms of IT at least, when compared to China. Though I believe the disparity there is largely because of their lack of internationally acceptable language skills - a problem which they're already in the initial phases of fixing [Read as: expected to be on par in 5 years or less].

Ultimately the 'leader' will be whoever gives the best bang for the customers buck, and [again in IT here (sorry if my frame of knowledge is very limited)] that's currently India. We just need to make sure we continue to keep ahead of the curve there, and that's through being more efficient - work smart, not just work fast.

nix

@imav: im not saying that the sacrifices of our great leaders of the yesteryears have gone waste. i never said that. i was referring to the law and order situation of that time to now where its just messed up. before british went and a few years after that, indians used to love each other. they used to be more patriotic. they used to be honest. our freedom fighters gave us a gem of a country. but unfortunately our present day politicians did not inculcuate this. but now its all gone. how else can you explain the ban on SIMI lifted? how else can you explain criminals in parliament? how else can you explain a deve gowda becoming the PM? how else can you explain ill-treatement to our soldiers by bangla and pakistan and our fishermen in their jails and the avg indian doesnt feel a thing?. i can give you many examples of such things...

not that i appreciate the chinese for their human rights track record. nor am i saying that india is inferior. india has come a long way and im grateful for being an indian. its just that we could have been a lot better if we did not engage in dirty politics.
and stop the personal insults... i dont want to enter the slanging match with you...

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@imav: im not saying that the sacrifices of our great leaders of the yesteryears have gone waste. i never said that. i was referring to the law and order situation of that time to now where its just messed up. before british went and a few years after that, indians used to love each other. they used to be more patriotic. they used to be honest. but now its all gone. how else can you explain the ban on SIMI lifted? how else can you explain criminals in parliament? how else can you explain a deve gowda becoming the PM? how else can you explain ill-treatement to our soldiers by bangla and pakistan and our fishermen in their jails and the avg indian doesnt feel a thing?. i can give you many examples of such things...
How about taking up the case and stqanding up rather than cursing? How about floating your own party, I shall vote for you. Can you do that? Off course I too hate the fact that we have criminals in the parliament, I too hate the fact that a criminal decides whether a govt has majority or no. But, I prefer and will die to have my own people ruling me rather than some brit telling me pee when he wants me to.

The ban on SIMI was lifted and FYI, it was stayed! How do you explain that?

Nobody is perfect but I'd rather have someone of MY country someone of MY motherland, taking decisions. The criminals are in the parliament but did that stop Tata from buying the English? On what basis do say that having a dictator or a brit ruling us will rid us of all problems and give us the best life possible. Bengal has communist rule and the damn state is in a mess and I am not talking about Nandigram, I am referring to the state of living. No one is perfect but I prefer someone of my own country someone that my brothers elect to make mistakes rather being told by some fag that what I should do and what I should not.

Who says that the avg Indian doesn't feel a thing, I still remember during the Kargil war, all the students of my class gave out all our money, the money we used to save for canteen food, the money we used to save for our after-school birthday parties.

The avg. Indian doesn't feel a thing, come here and see how people break communal divide when there is a bomb explosion, see how people grieve together. Go to a cricket stadium and see how people re-joice when a Pathan takes a wicket or a Dhoni hits a 6.

Don't for a moment tell me that my India would be better if I was ruled by some stupid brit.

not that i appreciate the chinese for their human rights track record. nor am i saying that india is inferior. india has come a long way and im grateful for being an indian. its just that we could have been a lot better had we elected the right leaders..
It came where it is with the leaders we had, it will go beyond with the leaders we have. It is the people who make the difference the leaders can only make policies, which again the people can influence.
and stop the personal insults... i dont want to enter the slanging match with you...
You should have thought about that before you told me that my life would be better when some english was ruling me.

New

Padawan
am still wondering " Y isnt @threeonethree BANNED ?? " .........

anything said against our country should b punished .... isnt THAT chini rule ......

nix

How about taking up the case and stqanding up rather than cursing? How about floating your own party, I shall vote for you. Can you do that? Off course I too hate the fact that we have criminals in the parliament, I too hate the fact that a criminal decides whether a govt has majority or no. But, I prefer and will die to have my own people ruling me rather than some brit telling me pee when he wants me to.

id love to float my own party, if only i had the muscle power. nor do I have the blessings of any present politician. Im not a goon either.

The ban on SIMI was lifted and FYI, it was stayed! How do you explain that?

i know, but how do you explain the fact that it was lifted in the first place?

Who says that the avg Indian doesn't feel a thing, I still remember during the Kargil war, all the students of my class gave out all our money, the money we used to save for canteen food, the money we used to save for our after-school birthday parties.

The avg. Indian doesn't feel a thing, come here and see how people break communal divide when there is a bomb explosion, see how people grieve together. Go to a cricket stadium and see how people re-joice when a Pathan takes a wicket or a Dhoni hits a 6.

sure, i agree with you on some of those. but

what did the average indian feel when recently pakistan fired on our soldiers and one our soldiers died? it hardly even made it to the news...
what the did average indian feel china laid claim on arunachal pradesh?
what did the average indian feel when mehbooba mufti said that we should be using pak currency in J&K?

mainly, the patriotism is reserved only for cricket...

It came where it is with the leaders we had, it will go beyond with the leaders we have. It is the people who make the difference the leaders can only make policies, which again the people can influence.

people are being taken for a ride by politicical parties... tell me, do you think we can implement the one child norm in india...something that is necessary but out of favor among some people.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Talk only if you have an alternative. If you think a dictator will give you a hunky-dory and rosy life then I again come to the fact that Bhagat Singh died for nothing and Gandhi wasted his entire life roaming in a dhoti, which is terribly sad to hear from anyone, especially an Indian of all.

If we had a dictator or Brit ruling us the death of a soldier would have been of more value to you? You would cried more? You my friend wouldn't even know. The freedom of press the reason why you get the news you see, the reason why bloggers have the right to talk is what makes India.

Last edited:

nix

Talk only if you have an alternative. If you think a dictator will give you a hunky-dory and rosy life then I again come to the fact that Bhagat Singh died for nothing and Gandhi wasted his entire life roaming in a dhoti, which is terribly sad to hear from anyone, especially an Indian of all.

what alternative? i cannot think of any alternatives other than a complete change in how in the indian political system works, how the govt servants work etc... can you suggest some alternatives?

i never said gandhi "wasted his entire life roaming in a dhoti". you said that, not me.

If we had a dictator or Brit ruling us the death of a soldier would have been of more value to you? You would cried more? You my friend wouldn't even know.

i never said that.

The freedom of press the reason why you get the news you see, the reason why bloggers have the right to talk is what makes India.

yes, freedom of speech is very essential.

mediator

Technomancer
A thread for alternatives exists!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55998

But saying INDIA was better during the british rule implies u know the full history of british rule with instances consisting of RACISM, the divide-rule policy, the mass scale murders etc?? They sowed the seed of "Kashmir trouble" with Hindu-Muslim divide which was later foolishly watered by Nehru. Then, may be it was better in Mughal rule??

I don't think its ripe to curse the past for present now, but instead learn lessons from it.

nix

^i agree, its time to move forward. its time to change. but with the current political system set in place, its very difficult to bring about the radical change that we need.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I'm back guys!
^^ You are right, this is the time for India to change to a world's country.

This is Hong Kong Skyline(my city):
*www.hotelsbycity.net/images/travelguides/int/china/beijing-big.jpg
Shanghai Skyline:
*www.ghmadsen.com/Bilder/Kina/shanghai_skyline_g.jpg
Mumbai:*nfcindia.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/mumbai-lg.jpg
I think India isn't that bad.
Indian people: Ok manners, ok people
Chinese People: No manners, Push, Shove, Push
India Environment: Dirty, no such thing as hygiene
China Environment: Same, maybe better.

So you can see....

nix

I think India isn't that bad.
should be we satisfied with being "not bad". should we not aim for the gold. should we not take steps to ensure we get to the top. sure its not going to be easy. our politicians will not do it. so we need someone at the top who wil clean up the system. we need an authoritarian govt which will teach the current politicians a good lesson.

Indian people: Ok manners, ok people
wrong. what do you mean by OK? you either have good manners or bad manners. you cant be on both sides of the line. there is nothing like "ok manners" okay...
ok people-again, i will say the same thing. there are not "ok" people.

Chinese People: No manners, Push, Shove, Push
push, shove, push? are you kidding me? more pushing, shoving happens on indias buses and trains. in beijing, people were instructed to not spit, dirty the place. beijing looks like a city of some developed western power. we can try to do the same. our govt can try to instruct people. but will the people listen? no. the opposition will do just what it is programmed to do=oppose. a gaping loophole in our system.

other two points you said were correct.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
You have not seen the people in China and you don't want to. They typically have no manners. And do you really think people are following the government? Think OUT of Beijing. There is shanghai, hangzhou, and other. If you want to know, go there. Order a 1 day trip from expedia

nix

why cant you for once appreciate them for their olympic showing. or atleast only for beijing. sure there are other poor and dirty areas of china. but they managed to pull it off from one city. can india do that? can india make any one city, like beijing. beijing looks picture-postcard perfect...
did you see the cycling event on TV? their roads, so smooth. their tunnels and al were amazing. can we do that for commonwealth? no.

karnivore

in your face..
There is shanghai, hangzhou, and other.
So the best way to judge a book is by its cover...

Oh BTW, Honk Kong comes with a "Made By Bits" label, in case you haven't noticed.

why cant you for once appreciate them for their olympic showing. or atleast only for beijing. sure there are other poor and dirty areas of china. but they managed to pull it off from one city. can india do that? can india make any one city, like beijing. beijing looks picture-postcard perfect...
did you see the cycling event on TV? their roads, so smooth. their tunnels and al were amazing. can we do that for commonwealth? no.
Great show...but still China does not impress much. And I am glad that this country does not go to the extent that China does to make those glittery cities.

A thread for alternatives exists!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55998
That thread was a nice show of mental masturbation...

Last edited:

nix

Great show...but still China does not impress much. And I am glad that this country does not go to the extent that China does to make those glittery cities.

so ur satisfied with old and rusty building huh?.you are glad the country is not trying to improve?. we should take up the challenge to try and better beijing. we got an opportunity in form of commonwealth games...

does not impress much?. they made the fastest train from the airport to the stadiums. they cleaned up their city. they taught their people how to welcome and talk to foreigners. they made so many arrangements, on time and of good quality. c'mon man the whole world is appreciating them for their olympics show..

india cannot, and should not try to do so. it will be a failure. you cannot go to the streets and teach people to be clean and not to spit.. they will laugh it off.

karnivore

in your face..
nix said:
so ur satisfied with old and rusty building huh?.you are glad the country is not trying to improve?
Interpret it in any way you wish...but just to refresh your memory, the key phrase is "does not go to the extent that China does".

we should take up the challenge to try and better beijing.
Because...

does not impress much?. they made the fastest train from the airport to the stadiums. they cleaned up their city. they taught their people how to welcome and talk to foreigners. they made so many arrangements, on time and of good quality. c'mon man the whole world is appreciating them for their olympics show..
And the human cost of those glittery achievements is...and I am sure the whole world is bigger than your living room.

nix

^ that post was not clear. i got only the 3rd point...

look there will always be some people who wil be unhappy with what you have done. you cannot please everybody. i have mentioned it before and will do so now also. you cannot grow without have place to grow. there are some tough decisions you have to take. and i know some people's lands have been taken without their wish and i condemn it. a good govt will compensate them well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom