Cheated By Airtel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I have recharged my mobile with Airtel Rs.98/-(up to 2GB limit) Internet pack.
But I only able to brows web pages on my opera mini.
No youtube video and no download possible.....:evil:
Speed is better good,better than Aircel.
But I am able to play youtube video and can download anything with my Aircel net.
I suggest other not to go with Airtel Mobile Internet..........:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

vinitneo

Broken In
Re: Cheated By Fcking Airtel !

they have stopped/blocked torrent downloads but I can play youtube videos and download other files and podcasts without any problem.... check your settings, what mobile are you using?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

they have stopped/blocked torrent downloads but I can play youtube videos and download other files and podcasts without any problem.... check your settings, what mobile are you using?
:shock: very bad news for me..now i will not use Mobile Office (rs25 per day)

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

^Check your settings in your phone's default media player !!
I'm able to do all with aircel's default settings but not with airtel's settings.
how?i have nokia 2700c.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

I have contact Airtel CC but after listening my words they broke the line. After then I have tried many times to contact CC but failed. Every time I press the right option but the mfcker Airtel transfer my call to other way or disconnect my call..... :-x
Such a fcking company is Airtel. I sent many SMS(MO to 543210) to get setting but still got no reply.
I'm totally pissed off by Airtel.....:x

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Do anyone know how to check data balance ?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

I think you can get the data balance by using the number *123*10# .

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

I think you can get the data balance by using the number *123*10# .

Got this,"Your dedicated account (SMS) balance is 1314.20 INR".
What is this means ?

BTW anyone know the manual setting for streaming video ?

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

I have contacted customer care.
But they gave me manual setting that is not working.
They are unable to send setting through SMS.
Don't know why ?
Airtel customer support sucks!
Airtel is a fckin noob company.....

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

I believe you might have a handset which does not support Automatic Configuration of GPRS. For example the handset I,m using doesn't support automatic configuration of GPRS . I receive a message stating that the htc SAP1000 that I use cannot be automatically configured and I need to contact Customer Service for GPRS settings. However I just searched a bit and used the settings I found on the Internet and it seems to work for me at least.

Here is what I used.
*www.fsmobilez.com/Complete-Set-Of-AIRTEL-GPRS-Settings-With-AIRTEL-GPRS-Proxy-Server-Address.php

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Yesterday I called them up(Airtel CC).
They send me the default settings for my Nokia 2700c.
The guy told me Airtel not supports any kind of Streaming Video.....o_O
What a fcking ISP Airtel......:evil:
But not I can download but download speed is pathetic slower than Aircel.
I will never usu Airtel GPRS.
better will use Aircel they is at least provide streaming video and its unlimited..........:p

ajaybc

Youngling

I use Docomo Rs.48 plan to browse.Got 100MB daytime and 2.5GB night limit.I just use it o browse on my mobile so it is enough for me.
For my PC I have BSNL 500 plan with 2mbps.But the good thing is that Iam getting unlimited for the past 1 year due to some billing problem :D.
I swapped my plans from 500 to 750ul(256Kbps) 2 times and I dont know wat happened but for the past 1 year iam getting the bill of 750 per month no matter how much I download and i get speed of 2mbps.
It is like 500 plan fked 750 plan and I got a hybrid plan.:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

i didnt try watching youtube vids. But speed is better compared to aircel. Downloaded few audio files too.

Though unlimited is a misnomer. Bloody FUP.

vinitneo

Broken In

use the plan which gives 2GB for 98 rupees

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

I'm able to do all with aircel's default settings but not with airtel's settings.
how?i have nokia 2700c.
I don't know... it's a little slow but everything except torrents are working for me. I'm using Nokia N97

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I have contact Airtel CC but after listening my words they broke the line. After then I have tried many times to contact CC but failed. Every time I press the right option but the mfcker Airtel transfer my call to other way or disconnect my call..... :-x
Such a fcking company is Airtel. I sent many SMS(MO to 543210) to get setting but still got no reply.
I'm totally pissed off by Airtel.....:x

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Those idiots did the same thing to me... if they don't know the answer, they simply disconnect you... and never pickup the call from same number again... I called from my sister's mobile and they picked up. Ask for their superior, they are usually helpful.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Got this,"Your dedicated account (SMS) balance is 1314.20 INR".
What is this means ?

BTW anyone know the manual setting for streaming video ?

use *123*7# - it works and it'll show you the balance data in MBs.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

I believe you might have a handset which does not support Automatic Configuration of GPRS. For example the handset I,m using doesn't support automatic configuration of GPRS . I receive a message stating that the htc SAP1000 that I use cannot be automatically configured and I need to contact Customer Service for GPRS settings. However I just searched a bit and used the settings I found on the Internet and it seems to work for me at least.

Here is what I used.
*www.fsmobilez.com/Complete-Set-Of-AIRTEL-GPRS-Settings-With-AIRTEL-GPRS-Proxy-Server-Address.php

Gprs is supported by any kind of mobile.... even the most basic nokia mobile supports gprs

Yesterday I called them up(Airtel CC).
They send me the default settings for my Nokia 2700c.
The guy told me Airtel not supports any kind of Streaming Video.....o_O
What a fcking ISP Airtel......:evil:
But not I can download but download speed is pathetic slower than Aircel.
I will never usu Airtel GPRS.
better will use Aircel they is at least provide streaming video and its unlimited..........:p

not supporting streaming video is a lie.... I watch youtube videos on N97 every night, it's fastest after 1am. I don't think aircel is available in Nagpur.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Now they telling me that my balance is not enough.but after recharging they charging for data.i will become a mad.i will never use airtel.fcuj u airtel.....x_x

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
you get max 500kbit/s on a EDGE line but India does not have 2.5G network so i think about 56kbit per slot that depends on operator and phone so i would say a max 144kbps ...

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
So no one can tell me the manual GRRS setting for Streaming video.....:(
BTW,is there any other good plan from TATA Docomo or Reliance Smart at that cheap price like Airtel or Aiccel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom