Cheapest SLI Mobo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
Hey I am planning to go SLI way... Please suggest me the cheapest SLI mobo for C2D processors... Make it fast... I have a C2D running at 2.2ghz and 2gb of DDR2 running at 667mhz...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
not really..a newly manufactured P5N E SLi is not available anymore..the ones available are OLD STOCKs with a hell lot of problems..its very difficult to find a P5N E SLi that does not have any memory or Sata controller issues..avoid it.. 650i for SLi wont help in getting nice performance from SLi.the chipset itself is buggy..
you need 680 , 750..which are costly..
if you can get a used p5n32sli it would be great..but not if u plan to own a quad.

ps: i m selling a 680i for 7k (the above statement has nothing to do with it)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yup..it never was.until u were lucky enough to get a golden mobo which works properly.i was that lucky guy once and the board worked perfect.its now with yash on this forum :)
On the other side i still have another board which is crap..
So i won't advice getting a new one ever.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
If you are going for SLi......7xx series seems the best. 680i was also a good chipset but after reading the customer feedback, I came to know that 650i is a horrible chipset.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
the benefit of 7 series is its 4-5% increase in crysis which is only visible on single card..i have had both boards so tested..other than that 680i =780i..but a new 680i is not available at good rates.its still 11k.so 750i preferred which costs 8k i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom