Cheapest psu for an hd 6670 ddr5

the10karan

Broken In
Hello,my brother is using on board crappy intel graphics and he can't play games like gta iv,he just wants to play games at 1366*768 resolution with everything on high,but the problem is PSU,his psu is just 280W,now i purchased HIS hd 6670 from fk and now his pc is restarting so i check psu and the hell it was just 280W,since then i was too afraid to start his pc because i am afraid that it will burn it,i just have 600 rs,i heard some zebronics 430W psu costs about 500rs will,if there is any psu please give me the link and will it handle hd 6670 on full load?,please help

FYI-my brother's pc specs

intel core i5 3470

500gb hard disc(just 465gb user available -__-)

4gb ram

*www.silikononline.com/products-detail.php?id=34%20&

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
TDP-> proccy = 77 W
Graphics card = 63 W
Approximate power draw from other components = 80-90W

Total = 230 W

Since the 6670 doesn't need extra power from PCIe cables, the amperage from 12V rails won't matter as much. So technically 280 W should be ample. But see, that's where the problem of any local generic PSU lie. They never deliver the Wattage they promise and they use really bad components which will fry your other components. Proceed at own risk

TheLetterD

Will Power
Invest and get a Corsair CX430 or atleast a VS450(2.5k) or else risk frying your Motherboard. This is what everyone is gonna tell you to get.

Im not really sure but there is this PSU called the Antec Basiq 300P. I wasnt able to find any reviews of it so I assume its an India only PSU. Although I DID find reviews for the Antec 350P and they said it was a good PSU, although I doubt if this (300p) PSU will be manufactured by the same company(Corsir, Antec etc rarely manufacture their own PSUs, they get it made from 3rd party manufacturers and brand it with their name)

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Invest and get a Corsair CX430 or atleast a VS450(2.5k) or else risk frying your Motherboard. This is what everyone is gonna tell you to get.

Im not really sure but there is this PSU called the Antec Basiq 300P. I wasnt able to find any reviews of it so I assume its an India only PSU. Although I DID find reviews for the Antec 350P and they said it was a good PSU, although I doubt if this (300p) PSU will be manufactured by the same company(Corsir, Antec etc rarely manufacture their own PSUs, they get it made from 3rd party manufacturers and brand it with their name)

Corsair's and Antec's top line models are made by Seasonic. Corsair's lower end (VS series and probably CX too) is made by some Taiwanese manufacturer

Nerevarine

Incarnate
VS 350 is good enough, although id suggest going for a CX430v2 or VS450 for future upgrades..
PS: both VS and CX series are made by ChannelWell (CWT) and use CapXon capacitors .. :(
Alternately, you may go for the antec

Last edited:
OP
T

the10karan

Broken In
Sorry for replying late,and ya you guys are right,I"m gonna buy a 430 watt psu and then put that hd 6670 on my pc,.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually ANTEC BP300 wll do just fine for your current configuration but will restric any future upgrade.

TheLetterD, I think you didn't search properly about that BP300 PSU and came to the wrong conclusion about it, being an Asian market only PSU. It is a very good PSU and was avaialble around $50 during its launch and now it is around $40.

Funny

Broken In
Antec BP 300 is the only PSU you should buy. It is a good PSU, you can find some reviews in Tomshardware.

TheLetterD

Will Power
TheLetterD, I think you didn't search properly about that BP300 PSU and came to the wrong conclusion about it, being an Asian market only PSU. It is a very good PSU and was avaialble around $50 during its launch and now it is around $40.
Looked it up and the first page of Google only gave results about it being available in India, no reviews, no nothing. Not on the UK or USA antec website either, OR newegg so I assumed it was Asia only. My bad, but still can anyone link me up a review? I was planning to buy it for an old spare Core 2 Duo rig at my home too! :/

Top Bottom