Cheapest MP3 Phone - Which is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is quite simple I guess ;)

Gor my eyes on this: motoyuva w230

*www.compareindia.com/specification/mobile-phones-gsm/motorola-w230/27911

it says w230 has all of w270's features but its candybar, not flip. and apparently its 2.4K.

*www.compareindia.com/specification/mobile-phones-gsm/motorola-w230/27911
*www.compareindia.com/productdetails.php?id=29691

Spice S580? 2k.
link please.

and yeah, for all those wondering why I need this, I found someone who is willing to buy my Transcend T-Sonic 610 for around Rs. 1,200. And The mobile store is offering an exchange price on my dad's Samsung X210 for Rs. 900. AND, I am buying my dad a 3100c as a birthday gift. Go figure the rest of the story yourself :p

Last edited:

Davidboon

In the zone
BLEU 351X , has expandable memory support . its priced around RS 2,500 .

and has better sound quality than the motoyuva models and its louder too .

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
am also thinking about W270 but read in the reviews that it lacks bass. is it true?????

am also thinking about W270 but read in the reviews that it lacks bass. is it true?????
Thats true for 99% of mobile speakers, but I doubt the problem might presist with earphones.
And yeah, why W270 which is 600 more than W230 but no extra features except flip ???

utsav

damn busy...
Thats true for 99% of mobile speakers, but I doubt the problem might presist with earphones.
And yeah, why W270 which is 600 more than W230 but no extra features except flip ???

i know that very well that phone speakers lack bass. Not 99 but 100% . I own N73 ME and need another phone for using another sim. I was asking abt the earphone bass quality not the phone speakers.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@MetalheadGautham

One pointer here => Motorola W230 is actually better than Motorola W270. In W230, you can use mp3's as ringtones BUT interstingly, in W270, you cannot! Strange why priced more?

But you will NOT enjoy music playback in W230 (in comparision to your T.Sonic that is) as it lacks the essential Music player functions like an EQ. :( Also, repleat/shuffle acts buggy on mine. Dunno why...

And Java Programs DO NOT work in W230. :neutral:
But one thing is that Motorola is also a reputed company and I'd prefer it anyday over Bleu, Spice and even LG. After all they made teh first mobile phone. ;)

The feature-wise better one in this price range is LG KP110 as someone already said. Java + Music/FM.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ :shock: And it now comes in 2K? With 1 year warranty? Does this one support JAVA? The review doesnt trell me anything. Man, its so good value than I may buy it immediately. :D

Pathik

Google Bot
It isn't a review. It is just the launch news. I don't know much. Haven't used it. Just suggesting.

utsav

damn busy...
@MetalheadGautham

One pointer here => Motorola W230 is actually better than Motorola W270. In W230, you can use mp3's as ringtones BUT interstingly, in W270, you cannot! Strange why priced more?
you can use mp3 songs as ringtones in w270

*in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080704051201AAcs2iV

Hmm... I also have a second option of keeping my mom's 1100 for myself along with T-Sonic 610, IF I don't find a phone thats good enough. (and my mom gets the X210). Do you guys think I should keep that option ? I really need quality thats comparable to my T-Sonic 610. Are there any benchmarks of "portable-music-playback-capable-devices" on the net ?

And about that spice phone, are spice's lifetime/yearly/half-yearly prepaid plans any good ?

Pathik

Google Bot
+1 to the 1100+Tsonic option

And about the Spice phone, it is just a simple GSM phone. You can use it with any operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom