CheapCPU & CostlyGPU VS CostlyCPU & CheapGPU

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
@ajai - I like and play only FPS games.
But if you ever think of playing FPS, please don't play any other game other than COD:MW and COD:MW2. They are so good that, at times you'll even forget that you are playing a game. The gameplay and story sucks you in!
BTW, i asked crysis not for exactly playing that game but to know that my card is futureproof( as i said before, if a card can play crysis at full HD max settings, then it can play any games as of now and atleast for the games releasing next few months).

I like crysis only in graphics department but not in gameplay. Of course, the gameplay is not so boring, but it isn't definitely engaging like COD. Any FPS fan will agree with this, I guess!

BTW, Is it possible for me to combine E5300 with 945GNTL mobo? Will there be any problems? If so, please let me know. I'm unable to play COD:MW2 just because of my processor :(

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^
Well that level is a snow level, from Warhead. First time the aliens are encountered. Everything has been frozen, so as soon as I touch that soldier, he breaks up in pieces...! See my 2nd last image, even the scope has frost on it. Its one of the best levels.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^
Well that level is a snow level, from Warhead. First time the aliens are encountered. Everything has been frozen, so as soon as I touch that soldier, he breaks up in pieces...! See my 2nd last image, even the scope has frost on it. Its one of the best levels.

the soldier looks like he was doing Opera Dance with his beloved :mrgreen: when he got frozen.

i know, i know i missing a lot of fun. will surely give it a try in coming months.

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
Guys, have Bought three components.
1) X4 630
2)Biostar TA790GXBE*.
3)Cooler Master Elite 310.
4) Already have 3 GB RAM.
5) Gonna buy 1 TB Seagate Tomorrow.

What video card should I go for, if the 4870 ( available for a dead cheap 7700 INR) is not available during next month or two (right now funds are empty. Card and monitor on next month budget only :) )

And please tell me how to calculate the power of remaning components like mobo, HDD, dvd drive. I'm going to buy the SMPS today. Which one shall I buy? Please tell me the cheapest one.

*The reason behind buying a DDR2 board is that, one of my friend is selling 2 GB + 1 GB DDR2 800 with sealed packing for 2800 INR. I could save more than 1000 INR by not buying DDR3 RAM. And moreover, 3GB RAM is sufficient for another 2 years. I've been having 2 GB RAM for the past 1 year, and so far I haven't utilized all of my 2 GB RAM even once. It didn't even come close to 1900 MB usage.

giprabu

In the zone
And please tell me how to calculate the power of remaning components like mobo, HDD, dvd drive. I'm going to buy the SMPS today. Which one shall I buy? Please tell me the cheapest one.

*extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

go for vip gold series.. cheap yet reliable..

giprabu

In the zone
What is wrong with you, recommending a PSU of that caliber..? Has not the question seeker made it clear he will get a decent GPU (example 4870). This PSU will not hold up even 2 hours.

well...apologies ...
vip comes under cheap category...
he wanted a cheap one ..
why do you say it is non reliable ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It will not be able to constantly deliver the power requirement of the system at high temperatures (read above 45C) and keep the power output constant and spike free. That is about it. It can damage components, which can propagate to system failure and/or short circuit, component melt down, shortening of lifespan of the part.

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
Sorry, its my fault that I had mentioned just "cheap" and didn't exactly mention what's my budget.
I've decided to go on with Zebronics Pro 600W (Dual 12V rails at 19A) for 3600 INR. (3k is my budget).
And of course, I won't be buying the PSU now. First I have to ask my friend to buy the monitor first, and then the GPU and PSU.

BTW, I forgot to buy UPS yesterday. I'm going to buy it today (07-06-2010). Can you please suggest me a good UPS.
It has to give backup of min 10 mins and if possible upto 20 mins.
What power range should I be looking for? I mean, 600 VA, 800 VA, 1KVA? and Watts? And company? Warranty? Onsite or not etc.,
This is one is kinda urgent. So please help me !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sorry, its my fault that I had mentioned just "cheap" and didn't exactly mention what's my budget.
I've decided to go on with Zebronics Pro 600W (Dual 12V rails at 19A) for 3600 INR. (3k is my budget).
And of course, I won't be buying the PSU now. First I have to ask my friend to buy the monitor first, and then the GPU and PSU.

BTW, I forgot to buy UPS yesterday. I'm going to buy it today (07-06-2010). Can you please suggest me a good UPS.
It has to give backup of min 10 mins and if possible upto 20 mins.
What power range should I be looking for? I mean, 600 VA, 800 VA, 1KVA? and Watts? And company? Warranty? Onsite or not etc.,
This is one is kinda urgent. So please help me !

for that amount, you getting hell loads of good PSU. why are you sticking to a desi PSU? get Corsair VX450W for 100 bucks more. and looking at the 12V rail, current rating, you should understand what kind of 600W PSU it is.

minimum is APC 650VA. if possible get the 1.1kVa UPS.

Top Bottom