cheap graphic card

ARUN SUNNY

Hoping for a graphicscard
can any one help me in buying a graphic card under 6000 which can play crysis 2 @low settings and at low resolution

OP
ARUN SUNNY

ARUN SUNNY

i only hav a 250 watt psu..i am running win xp sp3. i also hav to buy a cpu most probably an amd 5200+

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
that PSU is not enough to run any good gfx card and why do you want to upgrade to a amd 5200+ cpu - which is very old one unless you have a very old mobo.

For PSU and GPU - get a HD5670 512MB @ 3.8k and a FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.2k

what CPU+mobo+ram do you have right now - it would be better if you can upgrade those as well.

OP
ARUN SUNNY

ARUN SUNNY

i have an asus m2n68-am-plus mother board and my processor it damaged .. i hav to buy a new one.

hope i get A1 for maths and science then only will i get a gpu :???:

amitabhsaha

Broken In
that PSU is not enough to run any good gfx card and why do you want to upgrade to a amd 5200+ cpu - which is very old one unless you have a very old mobo.

For PSU and GPU - get a HD5670 512MB @ 3.8k and a FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.2k

what CPU+mobo+ram do you have right now - it would be better if you can upgrade those as well.

Yeah ! he is right. upgrade your PSU as any good gfx card needs stable power.

OP
ARUN SUNNY

ARUN SUNNY

I BALL I6363 ..this is the power supply i have. i think it is a switching psu..so should i buy a new one??? if so please suggest somthink under 3000.. and i am planning an ati 5670HD

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I BALL I6363 ..this is the power supply i have. i think it is a switching psu..so should i buy a new one??? if so please suggest somthink under 3000.. and i am planning an ati 5670HD
Yes, you need to replace that PSU. For something under 3000, try FSP Saga II 500W for 2.5k as topgear suggested...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have an asus m2n68-am-plus mother board and my processor it damaged .. i hav to buy a new one.
hope i get A1 for maths and science then only will i get a gpu :???:

uou can get a AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ ~2.8k - it's much more faster than a 5200+ but let us know your budget for the cpu first.

Best wishes for your A1 in maths and scienece ;-)

ok ill buy a psu but shuld i chage my cpu's heat sink?

you'll get a new heatsink+fan with the new cpu - so don't worry about that ;-)

OP
ARUN SUNNY

ARUN SUNNY

thanks top gear... as for the psu i have to ask my dad..he will allow.
my friend told that the 9800gt is available for 5000..is this a better option?? i have searched for its price in india and it shows 9000rs..so is it available for 5000 or 9000?? please advice.

Cilus

laborare est orare
ARUN SUNNY, your motherboard is a AM2+ motherboard and will support all the AM3 processors. Current standard is Athlon II and Phenom II which are called AM3 CPU and they are supported in AM2+ motherboards. 5200 is older gen Athlon processor and Athlon II X2 250 will offer far better performance than that.

I think your total upgrade path will be like

AMD Athlon II 260 3.2 GHz + Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 + FSP SAGA II 500W
= (3 + 3.8 + 2)K = 6.8K. This config will allow you to play all the current games in lower or medium settings. BTW, at what resolution you're playing games?

OP
ARUN SUNNY

ARUN SUNNY

@ cilius

i am thinking of playin crysis 2 at the lowest resolution or somthing like 1024x768 and at gamer setting

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ for that resolution AMD Athlon II 260 3.2 GHz + Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 + FSP SAGA II 500W is more than enough ;-)

IF you can increase the budget grab a tri core / quad core athlon / Phenom cpu but before that let us know your budget for the cpu only ;-)

OP
ARUN SUNNY

ARUN SUNNY

can an am3 processor fit in an am2+ socket?? i dont know abt my cpu budget.. maybe 2.5k i actually dont need a heatsink.. i just need a cpu.

Top Bottom