Cheap Case Fans

rahul7

Broken In
hi
i have a CM 690 III case and i am thinking to buy 2 case fans with led as the temps for my gtx 970 while playing games have steadily risen from 69 to 77 degrees over the months,the temp for cpu also goes near 70.
Pls suggest me 120mm budget case fans that would fit my case.
I intend to use one at top as exhaust and the 2nd behind hdd cage as intake?
Thanks

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Cooler Master 120mm 2xBlue LED Fans -1100.

Link:Cooler Master 120 SI3 Blue LED (2 in 1) Cooler - Cooler Master : Flipkart.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get couple of these - performance wise it's same as Cm Sickleflow just much cheaper - almost by 200 bucks :
Amazon.in: Buy Circle Stay Cool C-12 Blue LED Case Cabinet Fan Online at Low Prices in India | Circle Reviews & Ratings
Circle Stay Cool C-12 120mm Blue Led Case Cabinet Fan - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
Cooler Master 120mm 2xBlue LED Fans -1100.

Link:Cooler Master 120 SI3 Blue LED (2 in 1) Cooler - Cooler Master : Flipkart.com

sickleflow has 70 cfm this one has lower?

get couple of these - performance wise it's same as Cm Sickleflow just much cheaper - almost by 200 bucks :
Amazon.in: Buy Circle Stay Cool C-12 Blue LED Case Cabinet Fan Online at Low Prices in India | Circle Reviews & Ratings
Circle Stay Cool C-12 120mm Blue Led Case Cabinet Fan - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

will they fit in any case. how are these
Xigmatek XAF Series 120MM LED Case Fan - Blue W/ White LED (XAF1256) Cooler - Xigmatek : Flipkart.com

Deepcool ICEBLADE FAN - Deepcool : Flipkart.com

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
thnx what about placement my case has 200mm front intake and 120mm rear exhaust.

apart from the high temps dust is also a problem especially over the GPU. i am thinking of putting one 120mm on top as exhaust and the other as intake behind HDD cage. is this a good setup. Also the top of my case has dust filter so would i need to remove it for the exhaust fan?

how is that xigmatek fan, there is a discount on it of Rs 300

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
thnx what about placement my case has 200mm front intake and 120mm rear exhaust.

apart from the high temps dust is also a problem especially over the GPU. i am thinking of putting one 120mm on top as exhaust and the other as intake behind HDD cage. is this a good setup. Also the top of my case has dust filter so would i need to remove it for the exhaust fan?

how is that xigmatek fan, there is a discount on it of Rs 300

Normally in case of RMA, Cooler Master is the easiest and most reachable because of its wide support centers across the country and if you go with Xigmatek or Circle fans then RMA might become difficult for you. Its your choice finally right.

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
thnx but is the performance same

another question about the setup

if i remove the hdd bracket and put a fan there will it better help cool the gpu or only block the air (or put more pressure) from the front fan

or instead should i bottom mount it? will bottom mounting it as intake put pressure on gpu fans since they pushair down and this will push it up.

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
Thanks for the Info buddy...
no probs

- - - Updated - - -

my mobo has only 3 fan headers but i want to install one more fan (3 pin) more. i want to know if i use this cable and connect it to PSU molex will it get reading on hwmonitor.

CNCT CPU FAN POWER CABLE 3 PIN TO 4 PIN - to connect 3: Amazon.in: Electronics

i know that the fans connected to psu cant be controlled and run at full speed, but the fan to molex adaptors have only 2 wires like this

Google Image Result for *www.moddiy.com/product_images/g/798/view_image__54795_zoom.jpg

and the former has 3 so what is the 3rd one for?

thanks

Top Bottom