Changing PC config need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc is bit old. is has p4 and ddr ram.
The cost of ddr ram is really high and may become difficult to find in future so i decided to change my config.

I hav decided to change mobo, processor and ram.
My max budget is 8k.
i also want to play some games(at least at minimum settings) if possible :-?

I went to pc shop, he told me some asus motherboard P5KPL AM .
is it good?

Any other suggestion :?::?:

Anubis

Courage to Know
Processor: AMD AthlonII X2-240 - 3k
Motherboard: Biostar A785GE - 3.3k(HD 4200 is a very good IGP. Plays HD with eaze and directX 10.1 complaint)
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 2.1k

This mobo's integrated internal GFX ATI HD 4200 will be suffice your needs

Cilus

laborare est orare
8k is really very cheap to have all the components u have requested. PFB the configuration that will suit ur budget

Processor: Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.8k
RAM: ZION 1GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM @ 1.3k
Mobo: MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k

This is the best I can suggest for u. Price is little higher than 8k, but is future proof also.

OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
Can't intel processor fit in this budget?
will expand budget to 9k for future proof pc

Intel Dual Core 2.6 GHz E5300 - 800 FSB/2MBCache Rs.3250

Asus P5KPL AM IN Intel G31/ICH7 Chipset 1333 FSB Rs. 2265

is this a good combination?

Also should i go for ddr 3 ram ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ur budget is low....!! So go for AMD......as u can get better comparable product from AMD in tat price tag.

I dont think DDR3 will fit in ur budget.....!!

Extend ir budget to 10k and ask Krow for a config......!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

dude. amd athlon II x2 is lot faster than e5xxx, has better architecture and superb value for money.
since ddr3 has become de cacto standard and is similar to ddr2 in price, it is safer and better to go for ddr3

Krow

Crowman

Fact #1 : Intel < AMD at your budget.
Fact #2 : Intel Dual Core is NOT future proof. In 2 months it will be replaced by a newer line of processors.

Go for AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 2.8k
MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k
2GB DDR3 Kingston @ 2.4k

Much better and much faster and much much more future proof config than what you have selected. Plus you can play many games @ 800x600 easily off the motherboard, unlike the Intel config.

I wish people got off the Intel is GOD mindset.

OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
finally selected config
AMD Athlon II X2 245 3.0GHz

Asus M2N68 mobo (MSI not available :sad: )

2Gb ddr2 transend RAM

Is this config fine? Specially the mobo?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Can i able to overclock or change CPU multiplier ?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
finally selected config
AMD Athlon II X2 245 3.0GHz

Asus M2N68 mobo (MSI not available :sad: )

2Gb ddr2 transend RAM

Is this config fine? Specially the mobo?
Posted again:
Can i able to overclock or change CPU multiplier ?

I think u have not notice our postings properly. The price of DDR2 and DDR3 ram is almost same now a days. So why r u going for DDR2 based mobo. It is going to be obsoleted very soon. Remember the time of transition from DDR to DDR2. Same thing is happening here.
So in future when u r gonna upgrade ur system, u have to replace the whole mobo.

And for Athlon II 245, yes the multiplier is unlocked. While buying check that processor is a Black Edition processor or not. It will be written (BE) over the box and the coloring of those box will be completely black. Any BE AMD processors has unlocked multiplyer.
And Dude go for the DDR3 solution.

OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
Thanx for ur reply.

I asked for ddr3 ram but they(shopkeeper) said don't go for ddr3 it has some issues, it will not work properly ?
So i went for DDR2

Also i checked Athlon II 245. It has not BE option present. Only higher processors has it.

Krow

Crowman
Thanx for ur reply.

I asked for ddr3 ram but they(shopkeeper) said don't go for ddr3 it has some issues, it will not work properly ?
So i went for DDR2

Also i checked Athlon II 245. It has not BE option present. Only higher processors has it.
Where do you stay? This will help us get you some good dealer around your area maybe. If nothing, then you may purchase online from some reliable dealer. Of course this dealer is fooling you. Ask him what issues does DDR3 have or tell him to shut his crap up. Many forum members are using DDR3 and not facing issues, why should you? Athlon II X2 250 is BE IIRC.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thanx for ur reply.

So i went for DDR2

Looks like that dealer doesn't have stock of DDR3 and hence those stories. Tell him to shove that DDR2 of his up his a$$.

Anubis

Courage to Know
Stay away from Asus mobo , or else Rashi Peripherals will haunt you everyday.

Many people have negative, harassing experiences with Rashi Peripherals for RMA.

MSI 785GM-E51 -4.6k
Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H - 5.9k

Both support DDR3

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Stay away from Asus mobo , or else Rashi Peripherals will haunt you everyday.

Many people have negative, harassing experiences with Rashi Peripherals for RMA.

MSI 785GM-E51 -4.6k
Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H - 5.9k

Both support DDR3

hmm. dude. ASUS is a reliable brand and just because few have issues with Rashi doesn't mean that you have to stay away from ASUS.

FYI, ASUS is awarded the most reliable brand in laptop. And there isn't much difference between ASUS and Giga byte boards in terms of durability and reliability.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
hmm. dude. ASUS is a reliable brand and just because few have issues with Rashi doesn't mean that you have to stay away from ASUS.
You need to catch up on lot of things. Asus' non-ROG boards' bios is the most buggy one of all. That "few" is actually "many". Asus takes a lot of time to release a bios with lesser bugs compared to other brands. Nothing wrong with hardware, but bios is a different story.
FYI, ASUS is awarded the most reliable brand in laptop.
That got nothing to do with motherboards >_>
And there isn't much difference between ASUS and Giga byte boards in terms of durability and reliability.
You're comparing asus with gigabyte? Boy you got a lot to catch up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom