changing cpu fan blow direction .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MambaXL

Broken In
hi folks ,
i am experiencing heavy noise ( i mean very very noisy ) , since past 4 days from my PC.

it's even gets restarted automatically , whenever i play some game , like ut2004, hl2, ut99 etc.

my cpu temperatures are quite normal , at just under 50degC.

one unusual thing is that , previously ( since day 1 ) my cpu cooler was throwing air out of it , but now ( i came to know yesterday ) it is sucking air into it.

my PC is C2D E6400 + ASUS P5B-VM + ZION 1024MB 667 MHZ + ZEB 500W PSU + SEAGATE SATA 200GB

please help me alter the air blow direction , and any other help , if any one of you could.

plz
i m counting on you guys .

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well , the stock CPU fan is not meant to throw out air .. and u cannot change the direction without physically modifying the entire hs installation ..

Ur random restart problems could be due to other components , like the RAM , GPU or infact even the mobo ..

I'd suggest u to run the following to corner the actual problem :
Orthos Prime
Real Time HDr IBL
MemTest86 ...

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
deathvirus_me said:
Well , the stock CPU fan is not meant to throw out air .. and u cannot change the direction without physically modifying the entire hs installation ..

Ur random restart problems could be due to other components , like the RAM , GPU or infact even the mobo ..

I'd suggest u to run the following to corner the actual problem :
Orthos Prime
Real Time HDr IBL
MemTest86 ...

hey man , beleive me , it was throwing air out of the cabinet , and now it is sucking in .

another thing i forgot to tell you.
it's very noisy , and the noise level increases when the CPU is tasked. there is a strong buzzing sound , and it keeps on increasing

anyway thanks a lot , i'll try to run those tests .

but please tell me how to change the direction of air flow , i shall give it a try .

goobimama

 Macboy
Maybe its spining in the opposite direction due to some kind of mess in the wiring (hot heatsink, melts a CPU wire, hocus pocus happens)

shashank4u

Youngling
yea can u plz elaborate the buzzing thing ..
maybe i can help u after that..
the beeps are used for troubleshooting purposes.
hear them very carefully and tell us.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
=>what CPU Cabinet you have?
=>Are the Cabinet's Fans working properly?
=>Did you Mess anything in BIOS Settings?

The buzzing sound you hear are probably from the Zebronics PSU Fan.:wink:

Use SpeedFan for monitoring temparature of m/b, proc. ...

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
i m using iball itower cabinet .

i've installed asus PC probe II , speedfan and ASUS ai gear

in ai gear i changed the mode to minimum performance , in speedfan , the readings are :
system 50C , cpu 44c , aux 122C :mad: , hd0 46C , core0 44C , core1 44C , cpu fan 2722 rpm.

and in pc probe , the readings are : cpu 44C (marked green) , mb 50C (marked red) , cpu 2721 rpm (marked green)

i think that as my air flow direction is reversed , hot air is getting accumulated inside my cabinet , it's not getting out . what do you think ?

please help me to solve this problem as quickly as possible . or else i will end up fry my PC . i'll be damned if this happens , i got it this jan only.

please suggest some work arounds to reverse the air flow direction...

thanks

also asus advanced q-fan control is set to silent .

setting it to ultra silent or disabled , or optimal or performance , doesn't help either .

these settings are made in bios . everything else in the bios is set to defaults.

looking forward for your help , man . please .

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
=>first tell us when this problem started.
=>goto BIOS & in EXIT tab select Load Optimal Defaults, see if there's any difference now.

=>Check the Fan cables also.

=>are the Cabinet's Fan's cords plugged to motherboard.

& you SHOULD call ASUS & tell them about this, this might be a m/b prblm too.

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
=>first tell us when this problem started.
=>goto BIOS & in EXIT tab select Load Optimal Defaults, see if there's any difference now.

=>Check the Fan cables also.

=>are the Cabinet's Fan's cords plugged to motherboard.

& you SHOULD call ASUS & tell them about this, this might be a m/b prblm too.

bios has been set to default.
fan cables checked , and rechecked .
i dont have any extra cooling facility . just the stock CPU+HS combo and the PSU.
another thing i noticed , whenever , i press the power button on my machine , the fan starts at once , then goes idle for about 2 seconds ( during this time , both the power and hdd led goes off ) , and then restarts without any problem. and also i have a sata hdd , and it too sounds awfully ( like someone tearing a metal sheet ) .
and also , cpu-z shows my RAM to be 333mhz , but i have 667 mhz. what is this ?

my machine is frequently restarting at temperatures above 52C , please help . i m desperate to get your answer.:( :(

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
ok ,

sound is coming from CPU fan . it is like this :

when you stand at one end of a rail road , and hear a train approaching , the sound level starts on increasing .

this is the same scenario as my computer .
cpu fan noise gradually increases and when at the verge , it restarts .

and about that intel tat , i m unable to use it properly .

another thing i would like to add is that , my mobo is connected to the psu , in a 20-pin connector , but my mobo manual says that it has a 24 pin connector. i hae seen , 4 pins are unused .

is there somrthing to do with that ?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
you mean 2x12 connector.???

like this one
*img263.imageshack.us/img263/9374/mbld6.th.jpg

if this removable part is missing, then get your PSU replaced. afaik new m/b demand 2x12 connectors.

btw in pic- its of Zebronics 400 Watt PSU.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but when first time i tried to boot my Intel dg965wh m/b (u know the story:D), i used the old PSU (2x10; 2x2 connctr - 250W), & the m/b failed to boot.

this 965 m/b manual had instrctions that only a 2x12 & 2x2 shud be connctd, otherwise some prblm may come up.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Cabinets rear fans normally throws hot air out and CPU fan(ie fan on top of proccy) pushes air into the heatsink. I think uve misspelled CPU with cabinet.
Also as ur temperature readings are all OK restarts might be due to some other problem like lack of power from PSU.
Whats ur SMPS or PSU brand nd ratings?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude,if it is only CPU Fan,then go for an RMA coz i its still in warranty & i suggest buy a better fan for CPU like i m using COOLER MASTER HYPER 48.Grab something like that!!!

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
you mean 2x12 connector.???

like this one
*img263.imageshack.us/img263/9374/mbld6.th.jpg

if this removable part is missing, then get your PSU replaced. afaik new m/b demand 2x12 connectors.

btw in pic- its of Zebronics 400 Watt PSU.

yes , i have only 2x10 . i m missing the 2x2 . i enquired about that , my friend suggested to use ATeX cnktr , instead of ATX . he told me that i should not use Zebronics PSU ( that of 500W ) with iBall iTower cabinet.

what do you suggest ?

And what do you mean by you are unable to use the TAT tool....simply click on the link, download, install and run....???. you gotta C2D right, its gonna work.

Generally there is no difference between a 20 pin or 24 pin ATX power supplies i.e a 400W 24 PIN PSU circuitboard would be same as to a 400W 20 pin PSU. You should find in the manual of the montherboard, what the extra
12 Volt requirements are for, I dont much remember what I did with that extra 12v line, otherwise leave it that way, should not make much of a difference.

i m afraid of doing such things , coz i may end up fry my proccy that way .
it's in guarantee , why should i risk ?
but i'll definitely tell my technician to diagnose the problem in this manner.
thanks...
Whats ur SMPS or PSU brand nd ratings?

thanks , i was a bit confused , that time .
BTW , my PSU is Zebronics ZEB 500W PLUS! and my cabinet is iBall iTower.

hey thanks for the advice man , why should i take the risk n make my hands dirty. ?

anyway u have cool stuff .
where can i find one ?
how much it costs ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom