Change the size of the Thumbnail Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vaibhavtek

Tutorial No. = 5

There is a way easy way of changing the size of the Thumbnail that are displayed on Windows XP.

Just follow the given below trick.

Change the size of the Thumbnail Picture:-

1. Click on START
2. Click on Run
3. Type regedit and press enter
4. Navigate the following key:- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer
5. Create a new "DWORD" name it ThumbnailSize and hit enter.
6. Now double click the value and enter the value between 32 to 256 (ignore any other options). A larger number will relate to a larger thumbnail.
7. Close registry.
8. Restart Computer.
9. Open My Picture (Or any other picture folder) and set the view as thumbail.
10. See the effect and enjoy.....

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
will this works for a picture of resolution say , 30 / 30 because i think a lost in quality of picture may happens ,a blurring , do you tried it

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to mention something :D

The reg value should be enter in Decimal & The default thumbnail size value is 96.

For Newbies & those who're too lazy :D Download the enclosed zip file, extract the files & double click on the half.reg to get small sized thumbnails & double.reg to get large sized thumbnails. Double click on the default.reg to get back the windows default sized thumbnails.

For download look at the bottom of of this post

Screenshots :
*img236.imageshack.us/img236/1973/regvaluefh2.gif

*img236.imageshack.us/img236/9472/bigthumbpm9.gif

*img227.imageshack.us/img227/5637/smallthumbwh7.gif

OP
V

vaibhavtek

thanks topgear for pointing mistake i forgot to mention that.
and thanks for thumbnailsizechanger.zip file (which u had uploaded).

OP
V

vaibhavtek

I am the first one to start post by this title.
I think u are wrong.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
sorry dear,this is not working for low resolution pictures say, below 100, extra dots appearing and loss of quality in the picture, iam using irfanview for resolutions from 400 to increase picture size to good qaulity some what

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vaibhavtek
My pleasure :D.

off topic question

Why i'am getting quick reply box greyed out in this forum pages today. and one message on it saying :

"Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply"

But there is no quick reply thing on the whole page without a button below. If I click the button the above message displays againg ?

Can anybody explain ? Admin & mods plaese fix this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom