CDROM DRIVER DISABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisman

Broken In
HI EVERYBODY, :lol:

MY PC'S CONFIGRATION IS :arrow: CELERON 500, VIA CHIPSET VT8601 MOTHERBOARD, 80 GB HD, CDROM, FDD.
SOMETIMES WHAT HAPPENS AFTER INSERTING CD IN TO THE CDROM DRIVE SYSTEM GET HANGED AND AFTER REBOOTING THE SYSTEM THE CDROM ICON FROM THE SYSTEM DISABLED AUTOMATICALLY :!: .
EVEN AFTER REINSTALLING THE DRIVER IT DOES'NT WORK. EVERY TIME I HAVE TO RELOAD THE OS TO ACCESS THE CDROM.

PLS HELP ME

[deXter]

Journeyman
Well, you didnt mention the main things:

1) Make and model of your cdrom
2) Which OS you are running

Anyways, if you are using Windows XP, then you should face no problem regarding drivers. It could be that your CD drive's lens is dirty. Try cleaning your drive with a lens cleaner disk. If that doesnt work, reinstall your OS. Sometimes XP does encounter problems with cdrom drives disappearing. Reinstall XP and also apply Service Pack 2 (sp2) for XP.

Of course, if you are using Windows 98, then try updating your Windows 98, theres even an unofficial service pack for 98 se available on the net.

In the end it could plainly be that your CDROM drive has just become too old. Why dont you upgrade to a CD-Writer (costs ~1000-1500) or go for the Digit DVD drive/combo offer?

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- Switch cables between hdd and cdrom
- clear bios
- check ide controller properties in device manager and enable "use both ide controllers"
- check if cdrom is using dma or pio mode in device manager ide controller
- check ur jumpers
- switch cdrom from secondary to primary
- connect cdrom and hdd on same cable , change jumper settings in 2 ways . one make both as cable select . two make one slave and one master .

- if all fails try new drive

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
if ur on XP then rightclick on ur mycomp icon in startmenu or desktop N click on MANAGE....
then Disk Management

and click on ur CD Drive there... and change it's drive letter, if not assigned... this shud fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom