CDMA handsets in India

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Why these guys don't take cdma market so seriously? Don't they get much profit in it?

While GSM services roll out one handsets after another, the best cdma handset available on cdma in India (on tata cdma) is still Samsung Galaxy Pop! This is quite frustrating.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
cdma does offer much better voice quality and much higher consistent data speeds via EVDO but the problem is that it's proprietary technology.
For every handset you make you have to pay Qualcomm so this is the main reason and secondly the locked nature of handsets which Indians dislike. We like having options to change networks depending on offers.
3rd is that all the CDMA operators are dual license holder which focus on their GSM services and treat CDMA as a second cousin. MTS was doing well as the sole CDMA operator but now with the license cancellation issue seems to have lost their way.

Even i'd stick with cdma if handset issue is fixed.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I use Tata. And I dont think I can go back to gsm service after experiencing their quality of service. Wish they had decent hadsets too to back it up.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
US have tons of CDMA handset locked to a particular netw. we need quality handset. not some simple mobiles that are put to shame by S40 mobiles. The highest priced CDMA handset i have seen is Ace Duos. No HTC or Motorola.

funskar

Padawan
Look at this -
HTC EVO 4G CDMA Mobile Price - Buy HTC EVO 4G CDMA Mobile Price in India, Best Prices n Review

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ These are usually the handsets brought from US and tweaked to work on Reliance and Tata. They are usually wthout sims and you get hard time activating them from the company people as they officially dont allow these handsets, especially tata. Even if you manage to activate them, the data wont work.

In the end, the effort is not worth, especially for a noob like me.

jagvira

Right off the assembly line
Look at this -
HTC EVO 4G CDMA Mobile Price - Buy HTC EVO 4G CDMA Mobile Price in India, Best Prices n Review

please never buy from naaptol any cdma handset...i had my worst experience of life with them...they r just selling refurbished sets which do not work with any cdma opertaor in our country...so BEWARE OF PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM NAAPTOL.

Top Bottom