Cd Writer Trouble :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

forever

filth is me
i have a samsung combo drive (reads DVD + writes CDs) which is almost 3 year old now , the problem with the drive is that it is not able to write any cd or even format any cd, i use ashampoo and if i insert a RW cd to erase , it shows erase completed successfully but all the stuff is still there when i check, same goes for creating a blank cd , i specify all the stuff to fill it up with and the soft. tells that burning process completed successfully , but nothing is written when i check it out , i remember when i used nero it used to show a power calibration error sometimes, but even when it mentioned burn process completed successfully nothing was written at all , can someone plz tell that is my writer kaput , it is possible to be repared , can np guys fix it, or is something else wrong , is there any software utility which allows me to check for errors in my writer and tell me what exactly is the problem , i have never used a cd cleaner on it , plz reply guys

OP
forever

forever

filth is me
yes, some1 told me that samsung and lg writers are notorious for dying off unexpectedly, so what brand shuld i opt for now, shuld a DVD writer be a better option over a simple writer, but yaar , my combo drive has no trouble playing CDS and DVDS, wonder what has happened to its writing capabilities, thnx for replying

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
forever said:
i have a samsung combo drive (reads DVD + writes CDs) which is almost 3 year old now , the problem with the drive is that it is not able to write any cd or even format any cd, i use ashampoo and if i insert a RW cd to erase , it shows erase completed successfully but all the stuff is still there when i check, same goes for creating a blank cd , i specify all the stuff to fill it up with and the soft. tells that burning process completed successfully , but nothing is written when i check it out , i remember when i used nero it used to show a power calibration error sometimes, but even when it mentioned burn process completed successfully nothing was written at all , can someone plz tell that is my writer kaput , it is possible to be repared , can np guys fix it, or is something else wrong , is there any software utility which allows me to check for errors in my writer and tell me what exactly is the problem , i have never used a cd cleaner on it , plz reply guys
Since you have nevert cleaned your combo drive I sugggest you clean the drive head...if you are not sure how to do it take it to any pc hardware shop and ask the technician to clean it for you...if after that your combo still does not work...than mate your combo has gone kaput.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Oops! accidently deleted my post..instead of editing..So here it is once again.

It's time to dispose it off! Samsung CD/DVD writers are not recommended.
Anyways, You can do nothing much about it. Try cleaning lens thoroughly.
yes, some1 told me that samsung and lg writers are notorious for dying off unexpectedly, so what brand shuld i opt for now, shuld a DVD writer be a better option over a simple writer, but yaar , my combo drive has no trouble playing CDS and DVDS, wonder what has happened to its writing capabilities, thnx for replying

No, not LG. LG is good enough.
I recommend Sony or Lite-On Brands....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom