CD-DVD Cataloging Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Can someone suggest me a software to maintain a list of files and folders on the computer.
I wish to maintain a catalog of all my CDs and DVDs. Since they are are hundreds of CDs and DVDs, i have to go through a pile of handwritten notes on each DVD to search for a particular file. I just wanted to have the task automated with the help of a software.
I found CD Bank Cataloger and CD DVD catalog by googling.
I have no idea how they are. So please suggest me something...

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
just have a look at the whatdisk software. It is good soft. to do this type of task.

"WhatDisk is an easy-to-use program with an Explorer-like user interface that helps you categorize your disks (CD's, DVD's, ZIP disks, external hard drives, USB sticks etc.) into a single, searchable database. Now you can find that file (or that MP3 song) you were looking for without going through all your disks. WhatDisk also catalogs the contents of zip files on your disks. Now you really know what's on your disks."

For more info. go to *www.heightsystems.com/WhatDisk.html

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
CD bank cataloguer is great sw. have personally been using it for 3 years. it has loan feature to track any 'loan' of disks. disks can be either cd dvd, hdd etc. It can also extract text, images from html & other documents. file lists can be generated from zip rar & various archive formats.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Cathy ftw. Postcardware, old fashioned, very lightweight, feature rich, and exactly what you need. Been using it for over four years now. Very fast in the indexing. Very fast in searching. You can export file databases as text. Does this sound like an ad? Sorry, but it's great: *www.mtg.sk/rva/Cathy.zip

ramprasad

In the zone
Try 'Advanced File Organiser'.. I have been using it for a long time...
No problem with diff versions, because u can still save the catalogue file and back it up when necessary

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Found CD BAnk Cataloguer to suit my needs perfectly.
Besides that, WhereISIt also suits me !

I think that these two are the ones which offer the most features !
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Found CD BAnk Cataloguer to suit my needs perfectly.
Besides that, WhereISIt also suits me !

I think that these two are the ones which offer the most features !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom