Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
I want to know which CD cataloging software comes with maximum features and is easy to use !
I want to catalog my MP3 CDs and my Software CDs and not to forget, the digit CDs and DVDs !!!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Try InsideCAT :

*www.batchconverter.com/InsideCATLiteEdition-download-20481.shtml

Download it from here :

*www.batchconverter.com/20481.zip

InsideCAT is a program designed to catalogue all your disks (CD-ROM, floppys, DVD-ROM, folders, Cd-Audio...) with an excellent support for compressed and multimedia files. It enables you to locate any file in a fast way. Main features: Catalogues all the files and folders from any PC disk. Catalogue CD-Audio (music) disks. Organises your disk catalogues in collections and sub-collections. Compressed file support available for 14 different formats (ZIP RAR CAB ACE JAR ARJ LZH LHA ARC ZOO PAK TAR GZI SQX EXEs). In addition, the most important data from many multimedia files will be catalogued (DOC PDF DOT BMP PCX JPG GIF PNG TIF TGA WAV MP3 WMA OGG AVI MPG FLI/FLC). Powerful search funtions, five text searchings (exact, wilcards, superwilcards, Perl RegExp, fuzzy). Searches for duplicates. It makes compilations of files from all your disks. Five ways to open files directly. Four configurable printing functions. Four database exporting functions. AutoRun function will remain disabled while you are working. Easy to use. Intuitive (similar to Windows Explorer). Very fast. It works with hundreds of disks and millions of files!.

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
grinning_devil said:
iam too looking for the same ...
@raj...pm me the link in case u come across ny freeware appli.

Have a look at this one

CD catalog and organizer software

Advanced CD catalog (ACDC)
helps to create a catalog
of your disk collection. :
With ACDC CD organizer you can have a convenient searchable catalog of all your files.

With Advanced CD catalog you can even add your own comments to any file. All you have to do is sit there putting CDs in the drive until you're done.

Scan all your CDs onto this soft. Catalogue your CDs without papers. Search any your CDs. Never lose a files.

It works with all disks, which are recognized by windows system (CDs, DVDs, diskettes, hard disks, Memory Stick card and other storage devices). Using ACDC, you can easily find all files or folders without the need to insert disks into the drive.

The ACDC is the most efficient and simple way to view, print, sort, archive, save and organize Compact Disc or DVD. With the ACDC, you can search through your CD/DVD collection for various artists, movie titles, song names, ratings, categories, and other your own categories or keywords.

It can generate and print CD Cover/Label from CDs catalog database.

ACDC catalog is a Windows application, designed to organize and maintain a catalog of your computer media collection, including CD-ROMs, hard drives, audio CDs, MP3s, removable disks... This is useful if you want to keep track of a vast CD collection.

ACDC catalog is a Windows application, designed to organize and maintain a catalog of your computer media collection, including CD-ROMs, hard drives, audio CDs, MP3s, removable disks...

This is useful if you want to keep track of a vast CD collection. With CD Catalog Expert, you can save the drive to a text format - and later browse or search.

Alto you can convert it into Htm files, so someone else can also browse your CDs without ACDC.

You can add a comment so that you can browse the information about the CD-ROMs or files.

Download it from
*www.ababasoft.com/prg/acdc.exe

rajas

In the zone
Till date I've been using Excel with all the fields and very inconvenient and cumbersome. If you have TechNet or MSDN subsription, even though MS gives you update of what should be included, managing older CD's is toooo much. Dont know where is a particular CD with a particular update or patch. ARRGGGHHHH..eats up my time and no work done.

I didnt get a thought of posting it in here. No I'll try the softwares mentioned here to see which 1 would solve my issues.

A

Ashwin Saxena

Try using the software mantioned in junes digit magazine. The software is xboo catalogue.
(Not sure about the name.)

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
WhereIsIt is definitely a good choice
*www.whereisit-soft.com/

and ax3, there are plugins for whereisit software which can create thumbnails (if that's wht u want)

-----
alibi

Charley

Just Do It
alib_i said:
WhereIsIt is definitely a good choice
*www.whereisit-soft.com/

and ax3, there are plugins for whereisit software which can create thumbnails (if that's wht u want)

-----
alibi

Thats a nice 1

blacklight

Journeyman
try broken cross disk manager (Free version )

*www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=82666

this is a free version and unlike its latest demo version ,which can be found here

*bcdm.broken-cross.com/en/index.php .

there is no restriction on number of disks that can be scanned.

Gaurav

In the zone
After far as usability, user friendliness, functions and your requirements nothing comes closer to whereisit. get it from whereisit-soft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom