Categories in Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

imcool

Broken In
Blogger - The Best Place to start Blogging - Probably True
Blogger - The Best Blogging Platform - Definately Not True

One major functionality that blogger lacks is categories, which is present in almost every other decent blogging platforms. So if you, like i once was, are irritated with the lack of functionality with blogger, here's how to add one important piece of functionality to blogger - CATEGORIES

It's a simple, neat trick requiring no knowledge of coding, so for those of you who are stuck with blogger and cannot move, here's how to do it -

1. Set Up Blogs with the same name as those of the categories. For example, if the blog is called A, and the categories are a & b, then create two blogs with the names a and b. These two shall be referred to as sub-blogs from hereon.

2. Set up two email accounts with names corresponding to the names of the categories. They must have filters, i suggest gmail, register at www.bytetest.com

3. Set up the sub-blogs to forward all postings to their coresponding emails, and set up filters at the email to automatically post to the main website using the blogger email posting option. eg. forward all mails to 'testblog.putmessage@blogger.com'

4. Now the posting will go from the sub-blog to the corresponding email to the main blog. Every post shall follow this route -

SUB-BLOG-->EMAIL ADDRESS FOR SUB BLOG-->MAIN BLOG VIA FILTER

5. Set up links for the sub-blogs on the main blog as the categories.

For a better understanding of how this works, see a blog that has implemented this at *www.cyberia.in

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Will you stop advertising your blog ..?

And btw.. I feel WordPress is the best blogging software ... Weblogs is a better service in my opinion ..

OP
I

imcool

Broken In
ok, fine, but i'll post the source since it's under a creative commons license in some corner.

btw, even i agree that wordpress is better and am looking to shift to it, but this for specifically fo those who are stuck. Gr8 avatar, is it in the directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom