Catching up with recipients of free Linux CDs

Giving Free Linux Cds for n00bs is worth?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the type of person

• What is this Linux? :(

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
Was browsing through newsforge and found this article to be interesting. What do people do with free linux cds? :wink:
*www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/11/07/1646250

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you give it to total newbie or to a person who just wants a computer to get his work done it doesn't matter what OS he is using or whether it is legal or no. He'll just use whatever is the easiest. But, if the person has is inquisitive to find and learn more than he'll surely be delighted to use linux no matter his level of knowledge. Then again its a matter of personal choice.

planetcall

Indian by heart
If piracy is stopped and you are forced to buy MS OS then the free cds are worth what they are meant for.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I agree with planetcall but then we will assuming too much. This thing is impossible or atleast almost impossible. As long as paid softwares exist piracy is gonna exist.

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
Actually most of my friends got ubuntu hoary from me knowing that it was free, but they are just keeping it now, they dunno a thing abt linux. I had to help them out...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
MP3 , MPEG, Real .. Flash.. .all are patent encumbered technologies, and its not feasible for Ubuntu/Debian.. others, to freely distribute their distros without voilating patents on them.

However there are excellent guides available for all distros for how to enable mp3/mpeg playback

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I know how to play mp3 files and even gave them the procedure still they say windows is easy and better I said what the heck and no more cds for them.I now give only those who use them...

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
Most of my friends are weary off the command line and they ask me " To play a cd if we need to type commands to mount and unmount it then linux is a plain waste" . They fail to understand that GUI tools are a simple front end to CLI.
And that actions can be performed better using a command line... I could not talk anything more, I got the Cd's back and cursed myself for giving the cd's to such brainless people.
So the next time you see someone Saying that windowzee is more user friendly than linux, say i don't talk to Idiots and Walk off...

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
Linux bein tougher to use than Windows

i think it is a fair idea for people to give free cd's as it allows newbie's to get used to it understand it's advantages !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom