car-audio - suggestions needed for components in the chain

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
TS-D 1720C Elite if he has a budget of Rs6k for speakers ask him to get this ultra fabulous Pioneers from Snapdeal eyes closed,its a Rs9K speaker!
For Coaxial look at the TS 6975V2 Elite ,the best coax money can buy.

- - - Updated - - -

For HU spend a Rs 1000 more and get the X559Ui anyday over the 369, the former has a 24 bit DAC!

- - - Updated - - -

The best HU in that category is the Kenwood DPX-U5120 ofcourse the price is higher at Rs 7K+.....

So there you go....

Last edited:
OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
TS-D 1720C Elite if he has a budget of Rs6k for speakers ask him to get this ultra fabulous Pioneers from Snapdeal eyes closed,its a Rs9K speaker!
For Coaxial look at the TS 6975V2 Elite ,the best coax money can buy.

- - - Updated - - -

For HU spend a Rs 1000 more and get the X559Ui anyday over the 369, the former has a 24 bit DAC!

- - - Updated - - -

The best HU in that category is the Kenwood DPX-U5120 ofcourse the price is higher at Rs 7K+.....

So there you go....

hehe. thanks! he was saying y'day to me - "blessed would be you if you could advise me a set-up for under 10k". LOL. time to give him some electrotherapy now! :D

will be back here soon!

EDIT: 1. in case he expresses inability to up the budget by more than 1-2k, which of the speakers from my last post would you suggest? the pioneer ones, or RF/JBL?

2. also, the 1720c are component spkrs, which would be driven better by an amp if am not wrong. that would again set him back monetarily. i can say with surety that he won't be willing to spend that much, and the 6975 are for 12k! i rest my case here. :lol:

i then suppose that considering his budgetary constraint, an X559UI coupled with JBL or Pioneer speakers would be good, as these speakers are a little cheaper than the RF ones. would leave up to you to advise on that further. :)

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Just don't pair a JBL with Pioneer, somehow they miss the synergy. Get an all Pioneer for that warm tonal balance and Rockford fosgate for a brighter balance and Focals for their openness.

The Pioneers TSA935H are absolutely great coaxials, already mentioned in the first page.Get them if he is on a tight budget.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Just don't pair a JBL with Pioneer, somehow they miss the synergy. Get an all Pioneer for that warm tonal balance and Rockford fosgate for a brighter balance and Focals for their openness.

The Pioneers TSA935H are absolutely great coaxials, already mentioned in the first page.Get them if he is on a tight budget.

thanks! will do.

- - - Updated - - -

could you please suggest some matching fronts? A634/A635 i read on SD don't have a good reproduction of the lows. i have got a coupon from ebay (won't be for long). can use it to purchase if SD has the speakers for a higher price.

UPDATE: used the coupon to buy some footwear. :D
gonna buy from SD only now.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: have decided upon TS-R1650S for the fronts after viewing pioneer website's section on car-fittings for my friend's car.
found only one negative review on SD. awaiting your suggestion on this particular speaker @The Incinerator before placing the order. :D

another doubt - the official listing of X369UB shows the label of 24-bit converter; just the RCA pre-outs and an anti-theft mechanism seems to be missing. is it correct?

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If the car can mount 6 inch then of course get them, but be careful to mount them with care and proper damping,the door speakers doing lows will bring in vibrations if the doors are not damped with foam and wurth. So be careful. They are great speakers so go ahead. I'm not sure about the 369 but have heard the 559 and they are great this side of the Kenwood and an Alpine.The RCA outs are also high current with 2.5A.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
If the car can mount 6 inch then of course get them, but be careful to mount them with care and proper damping,the door speakers doing lows will bring in vibrations if the doors are not damped with foam and wurth. So be careful. They are great speakers so go ahead. I'm not sure about the 369 but have heard the 559 and they are great this side of the Kenwood and an Alpine.The RCA outs are also high current with 2.5A.

yes, i had experienced such vibrations in my car once, which i got then rectified by the dealer from whom i had purchased and got the speakers fitted earlier.

so alright. for fronts i will keep the R1650S, as even pioneer's website tells that they will fit in a renault pulse.

but i got into confusion after reading an old (2009's) thread on HFV. there people were praising pioneer+JBL combo, saying the JBL speakers have got very good bass and clarity. one member wrote that pioneer speakers have polycones and hence not very pleasant to the ears, while JBL ones have treated paper cones or something and the sound is very good. don't know how much true is it, esp. now.
my friend likes to listen to more of techno, trance, house, such kind of music, and least of filmi-songs and such. in that case, would pioneer speakers do justice, or JBL ones? :confused:

about X369UB vs X559UI, i guess will have to call pioneer and then decide.

thanks again for the help! :)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
JBL has the attack that Pioneers laid back/warm nature dosnt quite like much. Pair a JVC HU with JBLs he will love the combination over the present ones we are concluding upon. Just get a JBL + JVC combo for his kinda music eyes closed. I completely over looked his music preference.

Paper cones are light and hence they move fast and keeps up with the tweeter which moves even faster hence the timing is great but paper is not always the stiffest of materials and are prone to absorb moisture and loose stiffness if its not treated which is not the case with other materials as Aramid,ceramic, polypropylene...etc etc...They all have pros and con's but the fact is they are all good IF only DONE properly.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
JBL has the attack that Pioneers laid back/warm nature dosnt quite like much. Pair a JVC HU with JBLs he will love the combination over the present ones we are concluding upon. Just get a JBL + JVC combo for his kinda music eyes closed. I completely over looked his music preference.

Paper cones are light and hence they move fast and keeps up with the tweeter which moves even faster hence the timing is great but paper is not always the stiffest of materials and are prone to absorb moisture and loose stiffness if its not treated which is not the case with other materials as Aramid,ceramic, polypropylene...etc etc...They all have pros and con's but the fact is they are all good IF only DONE properly.

:doublethumb:

JVC+JBL combo was even my first choice when i had started looking into ICE components for my car.
got to start the hunt all over again now! any JVC HU that you may have in mind?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
But if its Pioneer + JBL , its bad combo,its alright for casual listeners but in some days he will get the point. The source + speaker match or synergy is completely missing.The two are at two ends of sound signatures.That's my opinion others view may vary. Get the Rockford Fosgates instead over JBLs for Pioneers.

Last edited:
OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
But if its Pioneer + JBL , its bad combo,its alright for casual listeners but in some days he will get the point. The source + speaker match or synergy is completely missing.The two are at two ends of sound signatures.That's my opinion others view may vary. Get the Rockford Fosgates instead over JBLs for Pioneers.

he's a casual listener only, most of his audio-files being MP3s of 128 or 192 kbps bitrate. :D
but anyway, have decided upon pioneer speakers only! :)
TS-A935H, and either R1350S, or R1650S, or A634/635 (LOL. still undecided on the fronts).

any comparable RF speakers? or these pioneer speakers above will be better?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
TSA635 is the speaker to go for,its a proper match with the rear being from the same series. Timber matching is essential. You don't want different kinda response to frequencies ...... TSA is way better over the TSR series.

Last edited:
OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
TSA635 is the speaker to go for,its a proper match with the rear being from the same series. Timber matching is essential. You don't want different kinda response to frequencies ...... TSA is way better over the TSR series.

thanks for clearing that up! done then! :thumbs:

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] - do you have any experience with blaupunkt HUs and speakers? my friend met an acquaintance of their family in his city, who is a distributor for blaupunkt, but also deals in other brands' products. my friend is leaning towards an all-blaupunkt set-up now. HU is new orleans 220. review tells it to be good, albeit that it has some issues in folder-navigation. hope you have some idea.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION] Blaupunkt was very good very detailed but quality has gone down a bit these days. They have gone mass market now and some of their low end speakers are plain crap and best avoided. They used to be Merc oem but not anymore for a reason.They have serious after sales issues. God forbid if something goes wrong spares parts becomes an issue. But but but I still love their HU s....their sound signature. Choose the speakers wisely.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Last year I had installed Blaupunkt velocity 6x9 [VX692]speaker in my cousin's WagonR & is going well & he is loving it.

Velocity range is good IMO & even few years back when there were hardly any car audio speaker manufacturers I preferred Blaupunkt over JBL
. [MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION]
If you wanna audition it then we will be at Decathlon Thane on weekends :)

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@GhorMaanas Blaupunkt was very good very detailed but quality has gone down a bit these days. They have gone mass market now and some of their low end speakers are plain crap and best avoided. They used to be Merc oem but not anymore for a reason.They have serious after sales issues. God forbid if something goes wrong spares parts becomes an issue. But but but I still love their HU s....their sound signature. Choose the speakers wisely.

the dealer had told him that the sound signature is neutral. about speakers, he had mentioned that there are a pair of 440W ovals, which he could fit in the car (rear). i think they are from the GTX series (unsure). and for the fronts, he had mentioned a GTX series 6" coaxial pair, and velocity 652, if components. so do you recommend a Blaupunkt HU and speakers from Pio/JBL?

also, after looking at the pic of the new orleans 220 HU of Blaupunkt, and then viewing a video of X559UI and X369UB HUs of Pio on youtube, he's leaning heavily towards the Blaunpunkt HU (matte finish, sober looking V/S the flashy, bluey HU from Pio, perhaps an unmatch for his car's interior, as per him).

- - - Updated - - -

Last year I had installed Blaupunkt velocity 6x9 [VX692]speaker in my cousin's WagonR & is going well & he is loving it.

Velocity range is good IMO & even few years back when there were hardly any car audio speaker manufacturers I preferred Blaupunkt over JBL
. @GhorMaanas
If you wanna audition it then we will be at Decathlon Thane on weekends :)

thanks for the invite! though i doubt my friend would wait till the weekend. he's jumping with excitement. has got the car a few days back, and is now itching to get the system installed. :D

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Get the Blaupunkt HU fitted and then try different set of speakers to see which sound signature he likes. That would be the best way.

Top Bottom