car-audio - suggestions needed for components in the chain

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello everyone!

posting this on behalf of a friend. he is contemplating buying a hatchback (may be a punto or a wagon r). also wants to buy stereo components for it, the budget ones. he is heavily inclined towards pioneer, as he has listened to them earlier, and the sound has stuck to him. please suggest an HU, a pair of coaxs (or components, if cheap), and a pair of ovals for him. budget for HU --> 3-4k; and upto 4-5k for each speakers-set. source of music would be pen-drive/phone.

thanks!

P.S. - installation to be done by a car service technician, while source of purchase would preferably be online.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Pioneer DEH X-1690UB
Coaxial Oval TS A 935H or non H (Cheaper)
Door TS A 634/635 either or.

Sound is on the richer warmer fuller side. Get good cables to feed signal, 2.5 mm OFC is good,less resistance for a 4ohm system.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hello everyone!

posting this on behalf of a friend. he is contemplating buying a hatchback (may be a punto or a wagon r). also wants to buy stereo components for it, the budget ones. he is heavily inclined towards pioneer, as he has listened to them earlier, and the sound has stuck to him. please suggest an HU, a pair of coaxs (or components, if cheap), and a pair of ovals for him. budget for HU --> 3-4k; and upto 4-5k for each speakers-set. source of music would be pen-drive/phone.

thanks!

P.S. - installation to be done by a car service technician, while source of purchase would preferably be online.

If CD Unit is not important then you can check Kenwood KMM-X10 [FLAC Support]
KMM-X10 | 1DIN & 2DIN Receivers | Car Electronics | Kenwood India

Just my few cents...

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks! was awaiting inputs from both of you.

@TI - any suggestion(s) in components?
@Sandynator - can't see any mention of price online for it. moreover, if its costlier than a pioneer alternative, it won't be of use, as my friend barely knows about 320k MP3s or/and the difference between them and their LQ siblings, and has little to no idea about FLACs.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If he like Pioneers sound then I believe he loves rich full and warm sound. Which if he wants to implement in other components then he has to get - Rainbow JL Audio DLS Morel,MTX and they are very expensive.

I would suggest him to go for the set up I mentioned,Im sure he will be satisfied.I have fitted that in to a very old and emotional Baleno of ours! Just ask him to mix and match with a Kenwood HU, they make a wonderful set up and is a littlle lean sounding match than the all Pioneer. Some seem to prefer Kenwood HU/Amp with Pioneer speakers.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
If he like Pioneers sound then I believe he loves rich full and warm sound. Which if he wants to implement in other components then he has to get - Rainbow JL Audio DLS Morel,MTX and they are very expensive.

I would suggest him to go for the set up I mentioned,Im sure he will be satisfied.I have fitted that in to a very old and emotional Baleno of ours! Just ask him to mix and match with a Kenwood HU, they make a wonderful set up and is a littlle lean sounding match than the all Pioneer. Some seem to prefer Kenwood HU/Amp with Pioneer speakers.

thanks! yes; he intends to listen more of house, trance, edm, and such tracks. he had shown me some pioneer component-speakers, available on ebay for 4.5k. won't do justice?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Component speakers are better when driven with an amplifier rather than the HU low current built in amp. It won't do justice to the component. Snapdeal is giving great discounts on audio for cars,check em out

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
thanks! yes; he intends to listen more of house, trance, edm, and such tracks. he had shown me some pioneer component-speakers, available on ebay for 4.5k. won't do justice?
Best option is to get an demo of few equipments & then decide.

I guess you are from Thane so see if you can come down to ghodbunder rd.

Welcome to Sound Factor

Take an prior appointment before visiting. This guy[Ramie] in fact his entire team is very helpful. He met us around 10.30 pm at western express highway on his way to andheri to discuss my cousins setup. He can suggest you proper setup as per your friends requirement. Only thing is you need to be bit flexible with M Tonic. ;) :D

Mix matching in audio is hell of a job better leave it to experts [MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] bro can guide better.

You can source infinity comps, pioneer HUfor cheaper also if you can come down to Opera House.
Powerbass is also decent brand definitely better that JBL's. you can source amp for cheaper from the distributor, Suraj Enterprise who is also located at Opera House.

Around 2012 I had a chance to demo Kenwood KDC 6043/6046 & they had better in Midrange presence than Pioneer range.

Last edited:
OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Component speakers are better when driven with an amplifier rather than the HU low current built in amp. It won't do justice to the component. Snapdeal is giving great discounts on audio for cars,check em out

thanks! that's indeed a solid reason to factor out components from the choices then.
and a forum-member recently purchased stereo-parts for his car from SD at 25% discount, but now its reduced to 20%, though ebay have come up with 25% now, but perhaps with products listed at bloated prices again!

- - - Updated - - -

Best option is to get an demo of few equipments & then decide.

I guess you are from Thane so see if you can come down to ghodbunder rd.

Welcome to Sound Factor

Take an prior appointment before visiting. This guy[Ramie] in fact his entire team is very helpful. He met us around 10.30 pm at western express highway on his way to andheri to discuss my cousins setup. He can suggest you proper setup as per your friends requirement. Only thing is you need to be bit flexible with M Tonic. ;) :D

Mix matching in audio is hell of a job better leave it to experts @The Incinerator bro can guide better.

You can source infinity comps, pioneer HUfor cheaper also if you can come down to Opera House.
Powerbass is also decent brand definitely better that JBL's. you can source amp for cheaper from the distributor, Suraj Enterprise who is also located at Opera House.

Around 2012 I had a chance to demo Kenwood KDC 6043/6046 & they had better in Midrange presence than Pioneer range.

thanks! that's indeed helpful. yes, am from Thane (G.B. road). my friend strictly believes in administering the M Tonic in as low a dose as possible, so i will keep a note about Sound Factor with me for any of my own or any other friends' future purchases. opera house, it won't be possible to buy from there as would then have to ultimately ship to him, which would be a risky and costly task. for domestic buyers like me or other localiites, its indeed a good proposition.

and i'll convey your message regarding Kenwood mid-range HUs to him. since his source would primarliy be LQ MP3s, i wasn't keen on recommending Kenwood to him as an HU, owing to their supposedly 'lean-and-clean' output. i myself have a Kenwood KDC-U349R, and i feel that it gives more-or-less an uncoloured output - good in, good out; garbage in, garbage out (which is a good thing IMO). hence, i was holding myself back on suggesting Kenwood to him; plus his heavy leaning towards Pioneer, so i thought let him have his choice, else his mind may keep getting haunted by thoughts of Pioneer. but now, will suggest to him, if playing LQ MP3s also isn't much of an issue with Kenwood.

P.S. - Powerbass being better than JBLs? hmmm. good info for me too. will tell him. so now we have the Pioneer set-up suggested by Inci and a Kenwood+Powerbass by you.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thats exactly the reason I love "Lean Clean" Kenwood with richer sounding Pioneer amp/speakers in the chain. It balances out!

Kenwood with Focal or Infinity = Hell Bright and Forward
Kenwood with Infinity/Soundstream/Pioneer(Bassy/Warm) = Match

Note Infinity speakers are bright but the amps are warm for the balance.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thats exactly the reason I love "Lean Clean" Kenwood with richer sounding Pioneer amp/speakers in the chain. It balances out!

Thanks for this info.

Will keep this in mind if I decide to ICE up my TANK anytime soon...

Can you throw some light on Soundstream basic series speakers & components too? Offlate since 2011-12 had heard the quality has taken toll.
How would you compare Soundtream & Pioneer speakers??

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Soundstream is better with Infinity speakers,with pioneer they sound warm and rich,not bad if you like fuller sound.
I guess here you meant by Soundstream Amplifier combo with Infinity as well as Pioneer Speakers..

I want some info on the quality of Soundstream speakers if combined with Kenwood Head unit.

Which Speakers brands [front coaxial + rear Ovals] would give balanced output with Kenwood Head unit only? The car in consideration is Fiat Palio.
[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION]
Sorry for hijacking your thread...

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I have no idea about sound stream speakers,they are good with amps. With Kenwood try sound stream amp and Infinity or Focal speakers.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks a lot bro
So I may try out kenwood HU with Pioneer speakers then but first really wanna try D.I.Y. of Creative 2.1 in the car.

I hardly take this car out so I think it will satisfy my needs & with the saved moolah I can upgrade to better DAP from my Nationite N2 & may be some better IEM's too... ;) :p

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

thanks for that info!

if you remember, i have the Kenwood-Focal set-up. can't comment on the SQ being what type, as haven't listened to any other set-up intently to draw a comparison, but yes, at the default settings, could be said to be bright (i once played a CD of Hindustani classical music, and felt so; though i like the sound of such instrumentals to be a little bright, esp. the Santoor. gives a sort of cheerful feeling!), but i have EQed the set-up to be more warm/balance out, to do justice to the kind of music i mostly listen to now-a-days.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess here you meant by Soundstream Amplifier combo with Infinity as well as Pioneer Speakers..

I want some info on the quality of Soundstream speakers if combined with Kenwood Head unit.

Which Speakers brands [front coaxial + rear Ovals] would give balanced output with Kenwood Head unit only? The car in consideration is Fiat Palio.
@GhorMaanas
Sorry for hijacking your thread...

no problemo! the thread will have additional content beneficial to any and everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot bro
So I may try out kenwood HU with Pioneer speakers then but first really wanna try D.I.Y. of Creative 2.1 in the car.

I hardly take this car out so I think it will satisfy my needs & with the saved moolah I can upgrade to better DAP from my Nationite N2 & may be some better IEM's too... ;) :p

before i had got my ICE set-up, even i was contemplating such a move.
if you do that, please post a brief/lengthy description on what you did, how you did, etc.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
before i had got my ICE set-up, even i was contemplating such a move.
if you do that, please post a brief/lengthy description on what you did, how you did, etc.

Actually I 'm finding a way out to connect speakers to cars electrical in such a way from which no alternator whining or any sound creeps in from speakers.

One of the co. member from gearheads.in had suggested to draw wires from steering column so that the speakers would be off when the engine is shut off & it won't draw unnecessary power from cars battery. I'm yet to find some skilled electrician for the same job as I do not want to blow my speakers. Will try that out in November for sure.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Actually I 'm finding a way out to connect speakers to cars electrical in such a way from which no alternator whining or any sound creeps in from speakers.

One of the co. member from gearheads.in had suggested to draw wires from steering column so that the speakers would be off when the engine is shut off & it won't draw unnecessary power from cars battery. I'm yet to find some skilled electrician for the same job as I do not want to blow my speakers. Will try that out in November for sure.

alright. all the best! :thumbs:

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
reviving this thread. requesting attention of @The Incinerator and @sandynator .

my friend has finally booked a car today, renault pulse. he wishes to purchase stereo components online from snapdeal, give them to the showroom, get them fitted there itself, and THEN take the car-delivery. we've decided upon the HU as Pioneer FH-X369UB. undecided on speakers. i was thinking of suggesting rockford fosgate to him, as some of these listed on SD fall under his budget (10k +/-). other options are jbl and pioneer. please suggest which would be better with this HU. following are the ones listed there, under his budget:

1. rockford fosgate:

rears - r693
fronts - a pair of 5.25" or 6.75" spkrs, whichever will fit.

2. jbl:

rears - gt6 s699
fronts - cs 6

3. pioneer:

the ones suggested by incinerator on pg 1; [STRIKE]except that for fronts, A 624 is available on SD, instead of 634 or 635[/STRIKE]. available; a google-search revealed. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom