capabilty of corsair vx450

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
So unless u OC ur Core i5 i750 to 4Ghz and game, the max system power consumption wont even touch 350W, u can hav my word on that
Your word is flawed. That's the power consumption of the processor alone, with the c1e and speedstep enabled, it consumes a bit low but the difference is insignificant.
The numbers below show the total power consumption of the tested platforms (without the monitor). During our tests we used 64-bit LinX 0.5.8 utility to load the systems to the utmost extent. Moreover, to ensure that we estimate the power consumption in idle mode correctly we activated all power-saving technologies, such as C1E, Cool'n'Quiet 3.0 and Enhanced Intel SpeedStep.
*www.xbitlabs.com/images/cpu/core-i7-975-950/power-1.png
*www.xbitlabs.com/images/cpu/core-i7-975-950/power-2.png
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-975-950_13.html

I wouldn't expect any low end solution until 32nm arrives IMO. Any 450w unit is out of the question.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Something on the lines above..a good way to stress your system and check stability and PSU strength..

Run furmark and Linpack together, with all motherboard power saving settings to OFF.

No real world scenario will do this. It burns the pants off the system. But it is risky..do at your own will.

layzee

■■■■■■
@vickybat
If you OC slightly, the VX450 will handle the HD5850. But then stability might be an issue during prolonged usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom