Canvas 4 ??

vrk

Broken In
Hello Guys....

I am planning to book micro max canvas 4.
I didn't had hands on it , I have just seen its images.
so what are your reviews ???
I have the budget around 25k
so is any other option ???
I am ready for both android and windows phones.

please help me out.

Regards
vrk

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
why nexus 4 ?? why not canvas 4 ??
why not in Sony or Nokia ?? is there any specific reason ??
to be very frank I don't have much knowledge about mobile phones .
i will be using phone for watching movies , internet surfing and games.

Advantages of Nexus 4:
- Better processor(Same as found in Xperia Z which costs 35k)
- 2GB RAM vs 1GB RAM in Canvas 4
- Direct updates from Google when a new Android version is released
- Better looks n build quality
- NFC
- Wireless charging (additional accessory required)

Advantages of Canvas 4:
- Dual SIM
- MicroSD card slot (Nexus 4 has 16GB internal memory of which 12.9GB is user accessible)

I personally think camera of both phones are good........ Front 1.3MP(720p) camera of Nexus 4 is good(better than 2MP of Galaxy S2)

If u want expandable storage(SD card support) & better battery backup, then buy Samsung Galaxy S3 ............

I personally recommend Nexus 4. 16GB storage is enough for me. I have a laptop for watching movies n storing data(1TB HDD).
You have a desktop with great storing capacity, so get Nexus 4

Last edited:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am against Canvas 4, they are just big screen handheld PC with pathetic camera and brand value.
Nexus 4 because its right value for your money.
You can even go for Xperia SP .

Good luck.

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
Advantages of Nexus 4:
- Better processor(Same as found in Xperia Z which costs 35k)
- 2GB RAM vs 1GB RAM in Canvas 4
- Direct updates from Google when a new Android version is released
- Better looks n build quality
- NFC
- Wireless charging (additional accessory required)

Advantages of Canvas 4:
- Dual SIM
- MicroSD card slot (Nexus 4 has 16GB internal memory of which 12.9GB is user accessible)

I personally think camera of both phones are good........ Front 1.3MP(720p) camera of Nexus 4 is good(better than 2MP of Galaxy S2)

If u want expandable storage(SD card support), then buy Samsung Galaxy S3 ............

I personally recommend Nexus 4. 16GB storage is enough for me. I have a laptop for watching movies n storing data(1TB HDD).
You have a desktop with great storing capacity, so get Nexus 4

Pretty Impressive , Thanks dude !!!!!

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
People com'on don't even compare N4 with C4..

N4 uses Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro SoC, whereas C4 uses Mediatek...

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Yes, you are right!! But most people don't know that. Most of the people who go to shops for buying phones ask the guy at the shop : "Is this a smart phone?" and the shop guy proactively tells them that : "Yes, its an Android Phone with Quad Core Processor." and our everyday Joe thinks that its one of the best phones. No offense to anyone in particular. Its just what I've seen!!

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^Yes, you are right!! But most people don't know that. Most of the people who go to shops for buying phones ask the guy at the shop : "Is this a smart phone?" and the shop guy proactively tells them that : "Yes, its an Android Phone with Quad Core Processor." and our everyday Joe thinks that its one of the best phones. No offense to anyone in particular. Its just what I've seen!!

That's the reason of success of Samshit grand...

The Canvas 4 costs like 14-16k while the Nexus 4 costs 25k...so the Nexus 4 will obviously be better.
Canvas 4 is a Micromax. If you ever wanna buy cheap 3rd class commodity,dont spend more than Rs10,000 on it.

By the way, to all the Nexus 4 fans, why dont you mention its pathetic battery life? If you want to make an honest,unbiased comment please do mention its Achilles heel too.
The bad battery is one of the several things stopping Nexus 4 from world domination. The pathetic 12GB user accesible space is also a deal breaker, but the battery is the main problem. Cmon 12 GB ?? thats friggin tiny man. U wont dare take 1080videos with such memory limitation!! Every top dick and harry nowadays are using 32 GB SD card....and here Nexus stuck with 12 GB :(

My old Galaxy Ace,with 1300Mah battery,the famous bad-battery performer from Samsung, lasts longer than the Nexus 4 in video playback,web browsing and talktime tests :0
On a normal day ,starting from my 8:45AM class,the Galaxy Ace lasted till 2-3 pm afternoon before 15% battery warning popped up. no calling, just little FB-ing,WhatsApp inside classroom and occasional playing online game over 2G maximum 30 mins.....thats all..

It used to piss me off a lot. I hated that phone for it... If i was a Nexus 4 user, surely... i would have contemplated suicide ! :mad:

Why not recommend the Xperia SP ? its closely matched in terms of performance,aside from the 1 GB RAM. It can manage 7 and half hour of video playback while the Nexus 4 starts to struggle after 4 hours approx(says GSMarena). Xperia SP is basically the same phone with twice the lasting power,it has expandable storage,better camera(every Rs20k+ android has a better camera than nexus 4).
I am a MMORPG phone gamer,always online, so the Xperia SP was the ideal companion for me thanks to its awesome battery and Sony's superior battery management.

In case u all think i am Sony biased, jst wanna say i already lost my Xperia SP so i swear no allegiance to Sony :D :D This forum has only 4 Xperia SP owners compared to hordes of Nexus 4 users (its 1 year old phone after all vs 3 month old phone) so you will have very few people recommending the Xperia SP.

BTW Xperia SP is approx Rs 22,000 to 23,000 now, check indian online shops

By the way, to all the Nexus 4 fans, why dont you mention its pathetic battery life? If you want to make an honest,unbiased comment please do mention its Achilles heel too.
The bad battery is one of the several things stopping Nexus 4 from world domination. The pathetic 12GB user accesible space is also a deal breaker, but the battery is the main problem. Cmon 12 GB ?? thats friggin tiny man. U wont dare take 1080videos with such memory limitation!! Every top dick and harry nowadays are using 32 GB SD card....and here Nexus stuck with 12 GB :(

A serious Nexus 4 hater here !!! No offence.......... every one has their own choice, own likings, etc.......

First I'll take the 12.9GB available memory issue. Its not a disadvantage for me. I've a laptop with 1TB HDD, so I use it for storage purposes. Moreover I don't keep movies in my mobile after getting my laptop. I just use my smartphone for its apps, browsing web, watching videos(sometimes, that are stored in my mobile), clicking pics, messaging(traditional, WhatsApp & FB) & calling.

Second, the battery issue. Acc. to GSMArena, S2 has endurance rating of 40h compared to 32h of Nexus 4. I want to say that the battery drain in Nexus while the phone is idle is very low(overnight, 8hr, my S2 loses almost 6-8% whereas my Nexus loses just 1-2%). I know low screen on time is a issue but it can easily last a day for me & most of the normal people(who are not geeks). Moving from S2 to Nexus, I'm just missing the AMOLED display & some Samsung's proprietary features(UI & Smart stay, the most). But I can't afford S4 & S3 is just a year old phone now(still a good phone for non-geeks)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
whatever you buy, don't buy anything that has the micromax logo on it. :)
you have good options in many companies like samsung, lenovo, nokia (if you want to go with WIN 8) , Sony. (not in any particular order.)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
why nexus 4 ?? why not canvas 4 ??
why not in Sony or Nokia ?? is there any specific reason ??
to be very frank I don't have much knowledge about mobile phones .
i will be using phone for watching movies , internet surfing and games.
oh in that case you might want to look into some of Sony's or Samsung's models, the nexus 4 is a great phone but it doesn't offer some standard features that are found in other phones (like contact suggestion in dial pad, the bare minimum options in camera, lack of any accessories, no expandable memory and the battery life is not that great either, espically on 3G etc), its a great phone if you're into flashing new ROM'S or kernels. have a look at the Sony Xperia SP

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
oh in that case you might want to look into some of Sony's or Samsung's models, the nexus 4 is a great phone but it doesn't offer some standard features that are found in other phones (like contact suggestion in dial pad, the bare minimum options in camera, lack of any accessories, no expandable memory and the battery life is not that great either, espically on 3G etc), its a great phone if you're into flashing new ROM'S or kernels. have a look at the Sony Xperia SP

FYI the contact suggestion in dial-pad can be easily obtained by installing any dialer app. I'm using Ex-Dialer on my phone and it's way better than any custom dialers provided by OEMs.

Camera -> Camera is good enough, if not that great. But then you can't expect excellent photographs with a mobile camera. People so much keen on photography would buy a dedicated camera.

Accessories -> There are a hell lot of accessories for Nexus 4. Just google for it. I bought a scratch-guard and case for my Nexus 4 online from Flipkart and ebay. They are easily available.

No expandable memory -> Agree with this point. But for me 16GB (or 12GB internal usable memory to be precise) is sufficient.

Battery life -> I've been using 3G from 1 year, and I'm getting the best battery life on N4. I'm connected to 3G 24x7. I'm getting approximately 1 to 1.5 day on 3G on moderate use. 2100 mAH battery is sufficient for normal use IMO.

Custom ROms and kernel -> Agree with you on this. Hell lot of customization possible.

This phone will always get the updates first since it runs AOSP. With Xperia SP, the future updates are unpredictable.

N4 offers a lot more than Xperia SP.

Since Nexus 4 has low screen on time.......... Pick one from these :
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. Sony Xperia SP - GSMArena.com

For video playback, S3 lasted for 10h compared to 7.5h in SP. (Advantage of having better screen on time)
For web browsing, S3 lasted 6:30 hr compared to 6:15 hr in SP......... not much difference
For calling, S3 has 10:15h vs 19:45h in SP

I will personally recommend S3 because its lighter than SP & will get android updates faster than SP. Moreover I personally like AMOLED screen

Top Bottom