Can't save google maps in android phone

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi

I am trying to save maps on Moto E but am not able to find the settings to save the map for offline use. Please help.

I have the latest maps apk installed.

Regards

$hadow

Geek in making
Are you getting some error? And how are you trying to save the map can you enumerate the steps.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm using Nokia Here maps which has offline maps support. All India maps pack is around 1.5 GB.

Google Maps lacks offline support that way.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Zoom in or out according to your need on the area of the map, hit on Search option at top, then scroll down at very bottom. It's been like that for quite a while now!

*i.imgur.com/68tkVbo.png

$hadow

Geek in making
I'm using Nokia Here maps which has offline maps support. All India maps pack is around 1.5 GB.

Google Maps lacks offline support that way.

Offline support has been there for a long time but you can just only save a map nothing more nothing less.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I selected 2 places in Delhi and checked the route. Then I clicked ' : ' option but it is not showing the saving option.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Yes i checked it, but the places are only 3-4 kms from each other and it is not a big map to save.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not updated to latest maps, even though i am not able to save it for offline use, when I shut down the 3G, google maps continue to show navigation and map for offline use till I close it.

This is helping and soon I will shift to Here maps.

Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom