Cant edit registries Admin Previleges disabled

mohityadavx

Youngling
Hey!

I am not able to use regedit on my system. I am the only user on the system and have admin previleges and was able to modify registry till few days back I have latest updates legit McAffee [came bundled with laptop] When i try to change registry I get the message

Code:
Administrator has disbled these settings on your computer

I have recently tinkered with system a lot so it might be the issue but I am confused how to solve it .

Plz help!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Of course, your system in infected with a virus and which has disabled editing the registry OR your tinkering have led it to be so.
Try making another account with Admin privilege, and login from that. Then try to edit registry.

PS: Editing registry is not a child's play, and no one takes the responsibility if your computer gets fried in case you make any errors while editing it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I think virus/worm has surpassed the macaffe protection & disabled the registry...
try another antivirus to scan the system.

the maximum risk with editing the registry is the system will refuse to boot & u will have to repair the system thats all.....

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can use a third party registry editor to make changes until your virus issue gets resolved. Here are a few:

Windows registry editor replacements - Instant Fundas

Top Bottom