Cant download using multi-threads, cant resume downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partha77

Right off the assembly line
I was downloading some files at my full speed, and suddenly I faced this funny downloading problem. The problem is, I can not use ANY download manager ( such as FlashGet or MassDownloader) to start a multithreaded download any more, cause if I do, I only get speeds of 4k to 5 kbps average whereas my full download speed is 1.5Mbps.

What happens if I start a download with a single thread or with a browser. The download happens in my normal full speed of 1.5 Mbps :confused:. But if for any reason the single threaded download gets resumed, the remaing portion of the download goes back to 4 to 5 Kbps !!

So the problem in a summary
1. If I download using multi threads, download speed is only 4 to 5 K instead of 1.5 Mbps.
2. with single thread downloads, I get full download speeds if the download doesnt get disconnected and resumed in which case the resumed speed is goes back down to 4 ot 5 kbps.

Here is what I did in a last bit effort, formatted my HD and resumed Windows XP SP3 from a previously created Norton Ghost image created when my system was working perfectly. Still no solution !

I have checked it with my ISP. Its not a problem on their end, cause after test they said if I can download at full speed for a single thread download, its not their fault.

My specs
=======
P4 2.8Ghz ( Not dual or quad core, the original old P4 )
2GB of RAM ( Can a corrupted Ram module create the problem ? )
GeForce 7600 GT AGP graphics card
1.5 TB HDD space
Pioneer DVD writer
D Link ADSL2+ Router Modem 504T (Can a Router modem create such problem ? )

Thanks for any solutions in advance - Partha

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Check your download and upload speeds using www.speedtest.net and update the same here.

Which ISP are you using ?

OP
P

Partha77

Speedtest.net results

Download : 1337 kb/s
Upload : 208 kb/s

I live in Melboure, Australia and my ISP is DO (dodo.com.au)

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
This seems to be a server problem to me rather than anything else
Try downlaoding file from different server rather than the same 1
Also in Flashget increase your no of threads
BTW what speed are you getting for torrents ??

OP
P

Partha77

@ Ecko, how do I fix the so called "server problem" my friend ?
For most of the web sites, I am facing this problem whenever I try to download anything from them :( Only exception is the Ahead Nero site, where the download is still going on as usual !!

Increasing or decreasing threads in Flashget of Mass Downloader doesnt solve the problem either too. I dont use any torrent software in my PC cause I dont download anythiing from torrents.

Could it be that my network card or my ADSL2+ modem is broken, or may be I need to flush something out from my ADSL modem which is also a router ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom