Canon Pixma IP1000 not printing in DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
I just bought a Canon ip1000 and I'm unable to print in MS-Dos. Earlier I was using Lexmark 2030 which connected thru parallel interface. Now this printer is thru USB. After Opening the editor in DOS, went to settings, it gave printer port options LPT1, LPT2, COM1 , COM2 but no option for USB :cry: . One of my accounting software is Dos BAsed and I' unable to print the bills and also I'm unable to take print out of my c++ programs. Plz help. :cry: :cry: :cry: ASAP.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have heard there are some LPT to USB convertor wires available. Why don't you try out Lamington Road?

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
It will take 2 days to reach lamington road.

So is it true that DOS doesnt take into account usb ports?

Is there any free accounting software . I just need it for billing that is making invoices.

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
It will take 2 days to reach lamington road.

So is it true that DOS doesnt take into account usb ports?

Is there any free accounting software . I just need it for billing that is making invoices.

tuxfan

Technomancer
in the days of DOS, USB ports were not existing. So it wouldn't know anything about it unless someone has come up with some utility. You can try your luck and search.

OP
KHUBBU

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Found another way to take the printouts.
Printed the bill to file. Opened the saved print file in Wordpad and took the print on paper. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom