cannot update firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

gau_pppu

TeCh Blogger : Gtechinfo
somebody plz tell me how will i update firmware of my combodrive, it is "CRX320EE" but in "*sony.storagesupport.com/" i do not find a model no matching with that, some body plz help me out, the drive often stopped at the middle, nd shows that " could not compleate end task" "burn processed failed"......................

rohus24

Broken In
try driverguide.com it will give u the correct firmware.
also b4 downloading the firmware do read abt the user opinions.
ull have 2 reg ur self first.

prasad_den

Padawan
Check this here..
*codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#CRX320E

Last edited:
OP
gau_pppu

gau_pppu

TeCh Blogger : Gtechinfo
Plz tell me how will i do the updating process of my combo drive, I have a dvd writer too in my computer and i want to update the combo drive, plz tell me the step by step process.

prasad_den

Padawan
gau_pppu said:
Plz tell me how will i do the updating process of my combo drive, I have a dvd writer too in my computer and i want to update the combo drive, plz tell me the step by step process.
The firmwares are exe files.. Just remove any media from the drive, and run the exe file (double-click it).. It should update itself. You may need to reboot after the process.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
In the Sony website, there is a pdf file containing the procedure and precautions in detail. I referred it before I updated my Sony DRU 810A.

premsharma

In the zone
shantanu_webmaster said:
yes and sony only not gives proper support for its oem things.. thats the worst part

And .... sony has got worst drives [dvd writers] , stll i see people recommending here sony dvd writers. Media compatibility is the biggest issue in sony. More over OEM [sony is manufactured by LightOn] do not have any support. It do not support all the local & cheap media. It is bottle neck. I had to resell [2 days old] at throw away prices twice.

Plextor, Pioneer, Asus, Light On, LG etc are better in the order of preference

shantanu

Technomancer
HEY DUDE NOT SO BAD !!! its very well in reading as i am use it !!! but i dont say anything thats your own experience but REMEMBER ONE THING NOW :p
everyone now will PM or message yopu here with lots of trouble and question for you to answer coz .. NEARLY everyone here likes SONY :))

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey sony dvd writters are pretty good hav been using it for a loooooong time .... the worst is samsung

premsharma

In the zone
shantanu_webmaster said:
HEY DUDE NOT SO BAD !!! its very well in reading as i am use it !!! but i dont say anything thats your own experience but REMEMBER ONE THING NOW :p
everyone now will PM or message yopu here with lots of trouble and question for you to answer coz .. NEARLY everyone here likes SONY :))

I write arround 40 DVDs daily mostly of games. Blank DVDs of only Euro Vision & Writex has got the highest success rate with me. Because it is not normal writing. Reading & writing is through Clone, Alcohol etc, where you will know which is good or bad while bypassing protections. I had too bad experience with sony [four pieces]. We are big seller at ebay and network in different places, mostly the customers with sony drives reported our DVDs not reading with them. We replaced iwth different brands but no use, generally write at 4x only but still no use, they were working on Light On, LGs and ofcopuse Pioneers. So the solution was do away with sony drives.

It is simply a craze for sony, people think that they are buying sony blank media. Where as in 80% of the cases it is duplicate, known by "imported Sony" More Over, No firmware support. We had to infact force a lighton firmfare on it.

If most of the people like sony drives, here, let them. cdfreaks.com will "pol khol de"

I have Pioneer and wants to have one from Plextor. Don't know where to get it?. Of the late I heard, Asus drives are also good, but yet to review.

Sorry, if I have hurt any sony fans. For me the truth is Plextor & Pioneer ...

shantanu

Technomancer
I AM NOT AGAinst YOU BUT NEVER hAd AN EXPERIENCE TO PIRATE GAMES EVERY DAY.. COZ I BUY GENUINE AND BE GENUINE... :))

NICE JOKE :)) :p thats ok dude THATS YOUR CASE FOR WRITING 40 DVD A DAY i write max to 40 a year.. :))

premsharma

In the zone
shantanu_webmaster said:
I AM NOT AGAinst YOU BUT NEVER hAd AN EXPERIENCE TO PIRATE GAMES EVERY DAY.. COZ I BUY GENUINE AND BE GENUINE... :))

NICE JOKE :)) :p thats ok dude THATS YOUR CASE FOR WRITING 40 DVD A DAY i write max to 40 a year.. :))

Turmeric & Basmatis ahve now been patented by US. Does that mean you eat pirated? I don't agree. The word is used at their convenience by monopolistics. Looten the country India once upon a time and now these same nations trying to teach us what Piracy is?

shantanu

Technomancer
I KNOW THAT DUDE !!!! WAs JUST JOKING AND REALLY WHEN IT COMES TO INDIA I HAVE ALL THE HATRED THAT CAN COME OUT IN ONE WAY FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO LOOTED INDIA ... SORRY !!! SEEING YOUR REGARDS AND FEELINGS FOR THE COUNTRY.. its my mistake if i hurted you...

:)) sorry :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom