Cannot open my Hard Disk!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccm

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I Cannot open my hard disk its shows me this error!

*www.geocities.com/mccm255/error.bmp

And when i right click and try the 'Open' features it shows this error msg again.
*www.geocities.com/mccm255/2.bmp

And again when i try install and and scan my pc with anti virus is delete all the .exe files which are not even virus and important file. Please help me..!!!:x

anupvirkud

your antivirus has probably deleted important system files. try to repair os.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
your antivirus has probably deleted important system files. try to repair os.

Last edited:
OP
mccm

mccm

Well, thanks for the reply. but all i can say is that i heve tried installing and repairin a new os but doesn't work. and i also try scanning them using AVG with latest updates 18.04.09. but this doesn't help too.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Try this:-
1> Right click on that F drive and click on Properties.
2> Click on the Security tab.
3> Click Advanced.
4> Select the concerned account click on edit. Select “This folder, subfolders, and files” click ok.
5> Place a check next to the text “Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object."

This should reset the permissions. See if this works...

Also, run a chkdsk scan.

Bill Gates

There is a utility in windows called the 'system File Checker' that checks if the necessary system files are intact in the system.... for using it, Insert ur windows XP SP3/SP2 cd.... then Start>Run>type in cmd .... when the command prompt opens up type in sfc/scannow and press enter.

this will open the system file checker ...it will compare the system files in ur comp with that on the CD... if any mistakes are found, the concerned system file is replaced with that on the cd...

Also beware that any custom themes applied by altering system files may be disabled since this returns ur windows installation to the default form.... njoy..!

deepakkanyal

You can download autorun eater software for this problem. I m also face this problem and solve by this software.

OP
mccm

mccm

Oh! Thanks to all for replying. Got many work so i just formatted all my drives and install a new one. And sorry you guys for letting you know a little late. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom