Cannot choose between Samsung Champ & Nokia C2-00

pauldmps

Banned
I am currently using Nokia 3110c & looking for a replacement.

I am totally confused between Samsung C3300K Champ & Nokia C2-00. While both belong to different genres of mobile phones, the dual-sim functionality on Nokia & touchscreen at such a price on Samsung - both are tempting.

Could you guys suggest the best out of these two (Please don't suggest any other phone)?

Is Samsung good enough to consider? Is it as easy as Nokia to be connected to a PC using PC suite? Is the user interface comparable (if not better) than Nokia s40 phones?

I have no problems with the Nokia battery even after 1-year of usage. Can I expect such battery performance with Samsung in the long run?

Also, can Java apps not specifically designed for touchscreen phones work with touchscreen phones?

Thank you for reading such a long post & so many questions. Any help is appreciated.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Champ has a better UI with nearly all the features C2 has. But it is too small to be used as touchscreen phone. Moreover it is resistive touch, after some time you could feel irritated because of such less space to fit your fingers into. That is the only negative point I could say about this phone.

But C2 is not a "champ" either. There is no video recording. Although FM,Audio Player, Video Player, Java, Bluetooth, Camera and Email are the features worth mentioning.

I am not a big fan of touchscreen phones, so there may be disparity among my perceptions with others here. In the end choose what you like most.

OP
pauldmps

pauldmps

Banned
Thanks for replying. But my original questions are not answered.
The most important thing about which I am concerned is battery life. Is Samsung battery reliable?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am impressed by the Champs performance and features...and according to reviews it gives a good battery life...they claim it 12hrs talk time

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Oops sorry. I failed to mention that Champ is better one among these two. As sujoy said, 12 hrs talktime is really impressive thing :)

OP
pauldmps

pauldmps

Banned
12 hrs talktime when brand new. What will happen after one year or so ? Will it give the same performance?
I once bought an LG phone. Its battery died in about 10 months. That is why I'm unsure about buying phones other than Nokia.
Any Samsung users there?

Panchu

Broken In
I bought a Champ a week back and its just wonderful. The onscreen keyboard is a bit tricky to use but once you are used to it, evrythng looks magical. The photo/video resolution is real bad. And they do not bundle the data cable or the PC suite (you can download it from the Samsung site). You can install java apps. Does not support 3G but the GPRS/EDGE speed is really good. At just 4k, the Champ is a real good buy. :)

OP
pauldmps

pauldmps

Banned
I bought a Champ a week back and its just wonderful. The onscreen keyboard is a bit tricky to use but once you are used to it, evrythng looks magical. The photo/video resolution is real bad. And they do not bundle the data cable or the PC suite (you can download it from the Samsung site). You can install java apps. Does not support 3G but the GPRS/EDGE speed is really good. At just 4k, the Champ is a real good buy. :)

A Really satisfying reply. Thank You. I'm looking forward to buy this phone soon.

sexyshrek

Right off the assembly line
I recently bought Samsung Champ, Its really impressive, although the VGA cam is not good, as many phones are able to deliver 2.0 MP cam for very low cost.. The touch is very awesome. I loved this phone.. the batery life is really great, I used almost 8 hrs of music playback and still the battery shows 3/5 bars.:)

I have a small issue, I can't able to install more Applications or Games. I have to delete some games to install other. And the file size will not exceed 450KB. Any one having some answers pls respond. And I cannot able to get Samsung Apps for this mobile as it is not at all detecting.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ there must be some trick to install java software...I remember a similar problem with samsung star...it have been solved

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
GSM arena review says Opera mini can be installed. though the model is slightly different (as it have 1.3Mp camera).

83hari

Right off the assembly line
You can trust a samsung battery. I am using a samsung x200 since 2006 and even now i am getting a standby backup upto three days...

And most popular nokia phone has a battery made by samsung. Phones like Nokia N900 nokia 1100/1108 are using samsung battery.... just peel the battery cover of a nokia phones to know, what make it is?.

Top Bottom