can two computers be connected by USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try this, u need a swithcher perhaps, or a hub, i dunno , never tried it, but this site has a TUT
*www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/usbmain.html

godsownman

Padawan
I dont know if my logic is right or wong,

I havent read the tutorial but what I feel is that if you can connect a cable modem to the US port why cant you connect 2 comps directly.

Pls tell me if my logic is wrong.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yes u cant connect directly coz u need a switch to guide the transfer of data between 2 comps which isnt possible via a USB cable ... atleast i think so...

sakumar79

Technomancer
QwertyManiac said:
yes u cant connect directly coz u need a switch to guide the transfer of data between 2 comps which isnt possible via a USB cable ... atleast i think so...

I beg to differ... All I had to do was search for the text "connect computers through usb cable" and I got the following link *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/248 (5th link in list)... Full details of how to are included...

Arun

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
Same as to waht I posted dude ! I said its not possible via a normal USB cable... u need a switcher/bridger to network them... not a plain USB cord :)

godsownman

Padawan
QwertyManiac said:
^^
Same as to waht I posted dude ! I said its not possible via a normal USB cable... u need a switcher/bridger to network them... not a plain USB cord :)

Ofcourse you do need some device to connect it. Not a cable.

But now goint to think of it , wont 2 lan cards work out cheaper than the single connector that we use when we connect using the USB.

Baroon

Broken In
I can't say about two computers can be connected via USB cables or not, but you can connect to computers directly via parallel ports and this don't need any extra device like switches and bridges (only needed if two network is different and since your are going for peer to peer connectivity this is not needed). Windows XP has support for connecting via parallel cable. Try it out .......

OP
J

jagdish18

Right off the assembly line
thanks

thanks all friend for your helpful answers.
it is possible to connect two computers with USB port by
1)USB-USB bridged cable
2)NetLinQ USB Connection Cable.
both this cable cost approx. 40 $ US dollar.
note: (there are many others cables produce by other manufactures)

both this link are really helpful
*www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/usbmain.html
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/248

note: (we cannot use normal USB cable to connect two computers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom