Can this config kick the PS3

ajay600

Broken In
I am planning to spend around 35 k for a new CPU and I wanted to know if my config can kick a PS3 in terms of detailing, FPS and gaming experience.
here is my planned config. I will be running all these on stock:

I5 3470 + gigaby B75 + 4GB Corsair RAM + GTX 650 TI + xbox PX controller

pls also let me know which GFX card will perform equivalent to the PS3 (maybe higher or lower than GTX 650 TI)

Hrishi

PS3 is quite old in terms of hardware. Compared to what you have choosen in terms of raw performance it'ill kick for sure. But since major game titles are optimized and designed for centric platform "PS3" , so its less glitchy and error prone. Also feels good.

PC gaming has its own experience , but you have to agree that graphics looks awesome on PC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
PC gaming FTW ! with so much varieties to play with one will get lots of experience but some PS3 exclusive titles are not available for pc platform but blame it on the publishers and devs ;-)

Gollum

Collector
PC gaming FTW ! with so much varieties to play with one will get lots of experience but some PS3 exclusive titles are not available for pc platform but blame it on the publishers and devs ;-)

totally, games like god of war, they are made by sony so why would they let it be pirated by porting those to PC

Chetan1991

Youngling
You cannot compare a console and a PC directly.
PS3 might be old but all units have the same spec and games are optimized for the single h/w platform. Whereas PCs can be created from innumerable combinations of components. Their multipurpose nature means software isn't that optimized (for lower abstraction levels) and hence more power is required for the same performance.

Top Bottom