Can the war against terrorists be won by Satyagraha???

• May be, may be not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freakanomics

Broken In
Do u guys think that terrorists can be defeated by Satyagrah?? There have been uncountable wars in the world....would there be any change if we resort to non-violence and use peaceful methods to solve the problem as Gandhiji once said??

Anand_RF

Journeyman
LOL Nope.
Look what satyagraha did. Two new countries, Pak and Bangladesh were created coz Gandhi wanted non-violence. And as far as I'm concerned, Pakistan is the root cause of all terrorism. And Bangladesh is their partner.
Besides, the UN practices non-violence. What is it able to do to stop wars?
This is just my opinion btw. :rolleyes:

reddick

Mobile Freak
Why did u fget Bhagat Singh,C.S Azad,Rajguru,Sukhdev,Jhansi Ki Rani,Tipu Sultaan etc. who fought n died to keep us alive in free air. War can also be won by battles :twisted:

mediator

Technomancer
Thats right the actual heroes of Indian Independence were people like Bhagat Singh who created terror in the minds of Britishers and scared the hell outa them. All Gandhiji did was playing politics and Nehru was a pawn for him. He was much poplular then Nehru. If he was so great then why didnt he became the country leader instead of Nehru and telling him what to do everytime? Because of him many innocent people died.
On one hand he was trying to tell britishers non-vilently to leave India and on other ruining the lives of innocent people. All britishers needed to do is renew their supplies of bullets to kill the non-violent supporters. No, Sataygraha is stupid and is just another name for politics.

Our real heroes are forgotten by the masses. They are the one who really contributed to Indian Independence. Who wanna live in a country where terror is gaining pace?? and thats what our heroes did creating terror all around Britishers leaving them with no choice. They were doomed to leave the country eventually!

My salute to our real heroes!

Neways for Pakistan....we dont really need to fight them! Their country will dismantle soon according to an American scientist. All we need to do is stenghten our defences and vigility against terrorists!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
DID THE THREAD ORGINATOR JUST SAW

LAGE RAHO .............MUNNABHAI... :) :p

this all can happen only in flims dude....in this age.... it cannot happen.......
just u imagine..for matter of example..if today anyone slaps u..r u gona put ur face forward for another one....????
terrorist r going way way beyond that.......so what u feel now ????

executioner

Journeyman
if anyone slaps me for no reason surely i am never gonna slap him
I am gonna kick him*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

praka123

left this forum longback
where is the POLL:lol: we need to see the satyagraha believers!about Rashtrapitha i remember the film "he..raam" of Kamal Haasan

anandk

Distinguished Member
Gandhi-giri wont work...
an eye-for-an-eye policy wont work
BUT
a head-for-an-eye policy will work !!!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Personally i think Gandhiji was the greatest leader the world ever had. Bhagat Singh no doubt was great but frankly i dont think Britishers were terrorised of him or others. They hanged him when they felt the need. I think Britishers were more Terrorised of Gandhiji because he had world Approval behind him forget our counties. When news of Dadi yatra Speard over , all the people from over the world pressurised Britshers to release him.
Gandhiji was so strong that Britishers couldnt even think to hang him like other . This is i think , the real Power.Satyagraha is the form of ultimate truth and truth is the real power. We will great lots of leader in this world but there will only be one Gandhiji...
Ok.....now about the question ? Yes ..if it were Afghanistan people fighting taliban.But "NO" if its kashmir terrorists as the enemy is really unkown. And more importantly i think satyagraha works when you dont have the power on things but take the purity of heart route to appease the one in power. Here we have power in hand .Example...
A father cannout use satyagraha against his 2 year old Child so that he attends school.
Stick is the only route here as father holds the power between them for the betterment of child.
But if the Father is wrong the child can do satyagraha until his father stops Drinking..
So this is where Satyagraha works

mediator

Technomancer
@Freshseasons.....Bro the topic reads satyagraha against terrorists, ones who are cold blooded murderers and dont think anything save killing. And you are giving example of father and child? There's no comparison of satyagraha against terrorst and satyagraha against father or child!

As for GandhiJi being released, britishers had to do so coz he was the voice of Indian people. He made Indian calm and told them to excercise non-violence. If he had been killed then I think we wud have achieved Independence much earlier.

And dont forget about Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose....who had the Japanses backup behind him. HE had formed the Indian army too! And if I remember correctly the history books then Britishers were afraid of handling another front and that too against a sworn enemy that time.
I think Japan was part of Triple Axis right? I forgot the group!

So you see Britishers had no alternative but to leave because of
1. Growing pressure and fights around their own motherland
2. Growing violence/terror by Indians against them
3. Fear of japanese coming to India and starting a new battle front.

There may be more but these are the few I can remember right now!

And after achieving victory Indians had to declare independence quickly because they feared Japan might take interest in India after Britishers!

Gandhiji was just a pawn for Britishers to calm down the Indians who were burning with rage!

praka123

left this forum longback
personally i think the terror in the world is sponsored by wahhabis
as many in the forums knows.in my home state kerala these ppl(wahaabis) influenced mopla's and formed many charity soceities and political parties like NDF which disguises as parties working for national cause growing terrorism.who the hell is gonna control these:mad: shall we put satyagaraha infront of these ppl?

go_gamez

In the zone
i dnno about this...weather satyagraha and gandhiji can fight terrorism..but all i want to say is LAGEYRAHO MUNNABHAI REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART !!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
@ Mediator what are you saying.. " Gandhiji was a pawn in Britishers Hands"? Are you sure this is even worth duscussing forget fighting...
I dont like getting personal but buddy you have a huge Imagination.Can any day Give Romila Thapar Run for the money.
Ok i am not going to contest the point whether gandhiji was pawn under the hands of Britishers or not.The thought is simply beyond me. But i definatly have got this to tell....
Its very easy to say Britishers Released Gandhi coz he was voice of india. What does one mean by voice of india.Its so easy to say one is voice of india but ever imagined what it must take to be voice of india. It means literally having whole of the nation's support behind one .Did any leader ever have voice of India till now..
Earlier India was divided into moderates and extremists..Radical elements in society and some usurping here and there. It was Gandhiji who almost brought nation into one Form of leadership. Earlier it was just bits of struggle..infact not really a sense of nationalism for freedom just something indefinate.Congress Would never have got the major stake for demanding had Gandhiji not been there to unite them..
Jinha and Nehru because of their Stupidity almost had torn apart struggle for freedom ..by making huge gap between congress and muslim league. It was Gandhiji who united them and Make them work for freedom together.
Subhash Chandra Bose was definatly difficult fighter for the British but not someone for whom they would let India Go. British infact never were much bothered About Japan coz japan never supported India openly . Moreever After the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic bombing on August 6, 1945 , Japan was done for good.Subhash Chandra Bose did make All India Forward Bloc party but was not much sucessful and he was imprisoned more than 11 times during that period ..later he fled to japan and helped and made Indian National Army, put together from Indian prisoners-of-war and plantation workers from Singapore and other parts of Southeast Asia.He Died later in a Plane Crash( Ok that itself is a debate but upon that later). See he was a Great Person and i really admire him.But Truth demands nothing but hard Truth. And He did help india amongst many factors for Gaining Fredom but was not the factor or the Main Reason India Got Freedom.
Truth why India Got Freedom:-
1)Quit India Movement in 1942 was a mass protest that broke British for the First time.
2)Government favorable to Indian freedom won the post-war election in England Which heavily favoured India being Independant.
3)Continuosly for 20 years, non-violent protests and marches and strikes by the Indians wore down British resistance to end. Confronted by a man wearing only a plain cloth and accompanied by millions of followers armed not with weapons but love and truth, the British government in 1946 finally decied to let go India.
4)Propably India is the only country where The fight for freedom had been won without a battle having ever been fought.
I dont want to fight it really after this nor i have time...you believe whatever you have to...truth will always be there. Peace Mate

D

digit_fan

mediator said:
Thats right the actual heroes of Indian Independence were people like Bhagat Singh who created terror in the minds of Britishers and scared the hell outa them. All Gandhiji did was playing politics and Nehru was a pawn for him. He was much poplular then Nehru. If he was so great then why didnt he became the country leader instead of Nehru and telling him what to do everytime? Because of him many innocent people died.
On one hand he was trying to tell britishers non-vilently to leave India and on other ruining the lives of innocent people. All britishers needed to do is renew their supplies of bullets to kill the non-violent supporters. No, Sataygraha is stupid and is just another name for politics.

have you lost your mind, ganghiji is a national hero, and you call him a politician, how can you be such a ediot, you are one stupid man i have ever heard, mediator kill your self before you say something like that.

and about bhagat singh, you should respect them, no doubt, he is our hero,

and stop comparing heros, Ganghiji is very different from other heros on indian independence, for that matter every hero is different, we can't compair heros.

this comment i read is a bull****, just like the ediot mediator, saying Gandhiji a politician. and nehru is one of the best heros of independence, so stop all this stupid comments.

mediator

Technomancer
@Freshseasons........I dont wanna fight either bro. All facts u stated I already know them. About britishers scared of japan it understood that i was talking about pre-atomic bombing! About Gandhiji I didnt meant any offence. But yes he was used!

Tell me urself if u were a britisher interested in greatly in India and there's a group of non-violent people in front of u, who wont even touch u, and ask verbelly to u to leave India. Will u leave India just like that? If there's anyone from the mass who kills ur britisher friend then u'll kill the whole gang of it! But what if the gangs size increases day by day and u feel great sense of insecurity?

How can the britishers leave India just like that? India was called the "Golden bird" in tha past because of greatest reserves of Golds and diamonds found in India! Bitishers had a great interest in India. I'm not imagining things bro. But these kind of facts came across various debates on news channels itself! Why didnt Gandhiji become a leader himself instead of supporting Nehru ji? I didnt mean that he was really a pawn and worked under Britishers. But yes he was being used! And used like a pawn.

Ur right there's no need to fight on this! Its history after all.....the facts might have bent in the due course of time! But I formed mah opinion only after watching debates on various news channels!

Lets come to the main topic!
What do say now? Is satygraha the answer in today's time when no leader feels guilty of his work or feel sorrow after the death of every jawan on the border or after every terrorist attack, when the reservation is implemented inspite of mass stage protests by the students demolishing the meaning of Democracy and notion of equality to all..........list goes on and on?

@digital_fan....the debate just starte and u started making personal comments already? Wait for 5-6 posts bro and then make as many comments as u want. I wont mind that. I think all u did in ur life is reading history books! Ever watched TV debates, that come on various news channels? Not only I but whole lotta people think he was a politician! If u wanna debate....I'll promise u a debate...Just gimme 1 day to gather all my history lessons back! And I'll prove he was indeed a politician though he did some good work to like unifying India!
He did good work for India, unified the masses, but Satygraha was no answer and lotta people were killed because of that! And Nehru the greatest leader? Do u know he got India divided to India pakistan? Dont say it was because of that Jinnah. Nehru cud have boycotted his request and we didnt have to see the Kashmir issue now and terrorism all the way!
Let me tell u I used to think like u only untill I started watching these debates on news channels and listening to historians!

Neways if u wanna debate on this then wait till 24th...actually I'm having exams!

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
mediator said:
@Freshseasons........

Tell me urself if u were a britisher interested in greatly in India and there's a group of non-violent people in front of u, who wont even touch u, and ask verbelly to u to leave India. Will u leave India just like that? If there's anyone from the mass who kills ur britisher friend then u'll kill the whole gang of it! But what if the gangs size increases day by day and u feel great sense of insecurity?
I think i would if i were a Britisher ..since the group is not even touching me it will make me think have i gone mad fighting agaisnt people who dont even want to harm me..i will think it over and introspect. Yes i will leave india.
The question of killing my friend by mob wouldnt have happend if Gandhiji was there . But with People like you who love voilence i wouldnt have left india. Infact i would have gathered more troops and armies ..got best of the weapons and given a fit reply.There is no end to revenge. But with Non voilence and peaceful mob it would have made me think where i have gone wrong.
mediator said:
Why didnt Gandhiji become a leader himself instead of supporting Nehru? I didnt mean that he was really a pawn and worked under Britishers. But yes he was being used! And used like a pawn.
You said Gandhiji was a Politician and now you said why didint he be leader himself. Doesnt this answers you.Coz the reason is Gandhiji was never a Politician so he never wanted any Seat of power related post. He was a humble man who was at peace with self unlike Other Leaders.And Gandhiji never supported Nehru. Infact for Jinha Gandhiji made Nehru sacrifice most of the things. He even proposed that Jinha be the first Prime Minister of India if Pakistan was not formed.This is not manupulation.Its Self sacrifice and love for the Mother nation Gandhiji had...
And dont bother with the History books Mate. All are filled with devotion to Gandhiji.LOL ..Best Luck for the Exams

mediator

Technomancer
freshseasons said:
I think i would if i were a Britisher ..since the group is not even touching me it will make me think have i gone mad fighting agaisnt people who dont even want to harm me..i will think it over and introspect. Yes i will leave india.
Really? What about the the Indian treasure? Will u be interested in Treasure or People? I think u said this bcoz of ur support to GandhiJi!

See man I'm not saying he did nothing! Yea he did unified India, but coming back to topic the satyagraha was no anwer! Unifiying India and Non-violence struggle are 2 different things!

freshseasons said:
The question of killing my friend by mob wouldnt have happend if Gandhiji was there . But with People like you who love voilence i wouldnt have left india. Infact i would have gathered more troops and armies ..got best of the weapons and given a fit reply.There is no end to revenge. But with Non voilence and peaceful mob it would have made me think where i have gone wrong.
Ur getting emotional man! U see I'm talking peacefully right now. I'm not violent at all. But tell me what did India achieve by friendship with Pakisan? AB Vajpayee went to Pakistan to make friends with them and we saw KArgil...list is endless! I'm not saying we shud attack pakistan then! We dont need to. I can talk about why so!

freshseasons said:
You said Gandhiji was a Politician and now you said why didint he be leader himself. Doesnt this answers you
Dis is what I'm saying. Did u ever tried to find out why he didnt become a leader himself? He was a politician but not like our modern politicians. God If he were like that then ofcors he wud have become the Indian leader in first place! And gandhiji wasnt killed by britisher also! Do u know who killed Gandhiji?

And for rest of history. I know that! Guess u all are very emotionally attached to gandhiji! So lets call it off. No further arguments about Gandhiji! I also do respect him coz he really unified India and woke them up, did a lot of daring things. But if u read his history and read what historians have to say then I guess I wont have to continue here for 12-13 pages of this thread and u wont be making any personal comments here then.

Most of u only have read he was a hero, I'm not saying he was not! But....Oh forget it! Lets stop talking about him and destroying his soul's peace!

So lets talk about Satyagraha in modern time and let me study for exams guys!
I believe Satyagraha works when there is a misunderstanding and the enemy doesn't have any motive. But for Pakistan,politicans they have motive and Britshers also did. For Pakistan its Kashmir/revenge, politicians its votes, Britshers it was more than that! Do u think Satyagraha will really work against them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom