Can Tagan TG600-U37 handle Phenom 2 and a (gtx 275 or gtx 260) at full load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh

naughty boy :) :)
Can Tagan TG600-U37 handle Phenom 2 and a (gtx 275 or gtx 260) at full load. Please help guyz.

Krow

Crowman
Should do GTX 260 with ease. Not sure about power reqs of 275.

Q). On my config, which is the best card I can run all games on without killing my SMPS? Ive heard that the VX 450 goes upto 570W.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
to maheshr:

buddy, the Tagan 600 is more than sufficient to handle phenom-II and gtx275.. but if u plan to add another gpu, a minimum of 750W PSU will be required.. :)a

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Should do GTX 260 with ease. Not sure about power reqs of 275.
The PSU will be able to handle :-
GTX 260
HD4870
HD4890

with ease. And the PSU is said to be able to do a GTX280 too. But I won't be optimistic. And GTX275 consumes LOADS OF POWER, as much as GTX285.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
What happens when you OC or increase the number of HDD or optical drives ? Will it be sufficient ?

What is the price btw ? and how good Tagan PSU's perform?

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
By these figures it would suggest that the PSU can hold on to GTX 275 easily.

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-275,2266-14.html

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
i have no plan for going SLI
Well, I jus gave u a suggestion, wether to SLi (or CFX, for that matter) is ur own personal decision..

I jus gave u the max type of devices that can be supported easily by that PSU..:)
What happens when you OC or increase the number of HDD or optical drives ? Will it be sufficient ?

What is the price btw ? and how good Tagan PSU's perform?
Well, gaurav, :) tagan's performance is at par with Corsair's :) so ppl (users) can be rest assured..infact for higher PSU wattage, tagan is preferred (tagan BZ1100 and Tagan BZ1300 , 1100W and 1300W resp) as corsair psu's are jus till 1000W and for (say) 3 x gtx295 or SLi gtx280/285, Tagan PSU is preferred.. :)
-------------

Also, for the required wattage of PSU required, plz head over here ---> PSU Power Calculator
to calculate jus wat amt of PSU wattage u will require as per the devices needed (keep some room for further minor as well as major upgrades inmind as well).. :)
--------------

Both, tagan and Corsair PSU's are Active PFC PSU's wich means they will require (mandatory) a PURE SineWave UPS (if at all a UPS is a requirement)
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
mahesh

mahesh

thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. i ordered the psu yesterday. it costs 4557/- here from a local vendor(Logtech) . i will get it only on 29th.

Krow

Crowman
thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. i ordered the psu yesterday. it costs 4557/- here from a local vendor(Logtech) . i will get it only on 29th.

Did u order TG-600 for 4557 bucks?

That's kinda expensive. Antec EA-650 @ 4.8k would have been better.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
+1 for ANTEC earth watts 650

Also consider Corsair VX550

But if u r going for GTX 275 or PALIT GTX 260 Sonic (or) EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked

takes more power on Load so get Corsair TX650 (or) TX750 --> TX750 may be slightly overkill but future proof

OP
mahesh

mahesh

Did u order TG-600 for 4557 bucks?

That's kinda expensive. Antec EA-650 @ 4.8k would have been better.

I enquired abt all the stuffs u people mentioned here. Atlast i found this tagan. many of the shops here in my city didn't heard abt this tagan name (WTF :-x). This is the best buy for my budget(Max 4.5 k). Both vx 450(4.2k + tax) and this tagan are having almost same price here in my city(trivandrum, kerala). For vx 550 (they r asking 6k + tax). So i opt tagan.Actually i was surprised hearing that Logtech (the largest and popular local vendor here in my city) provide tagan smps :-o:-o. Few months before wen i went there , they dont knoe abt this tagan.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

agreed, from alot of reviews, Corsair TX650 is much more stable than TX750, but dnt worry, the PSU u (to the OP) hv ordered, is really good, and better than Antec, Its not abt the +50W mare but the quality that counts, :)
---------

Also, if at all u are using a UPS, then i must tell u that the Corsair PSU is an ACTIVE PFC PSU and hence required a PURE SINEWAVE UPS.. :) else, (in the long run) u may experience, screen black outs, unresponsive CPU, hissing noise from the PSU etc..etc.. (it occurs in many cases and sum are lucky NOT to face such issues) with a ACTIVE PFC PSU+non SINEWAVE (stepped or Modified sine wave) UPSes... so get this funda right...

I hv researched alot on this (for abt 6 months) hence advisin' u on these terms.. :)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
mahesh

mahesh

^^^ i really appreciate that dude........
I am currently having Hykon 800 VA UPS. I enquired in the company Hykon from which i bought it, and they told me that the UPS is pure Sine Wave. .

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
TAGAN is cool brand - but the zebronics who brought TAGAN to INDIA ! thats why many dealers think that tagan is zebronics product

Spending 2K more for power supply really worth , so if u dont have tagan better go for ANTEC 650EA or Corsair TX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom