Can Tagan TG600-U37 handle Phenom 2 and a (gtx 275 or gtx 260) at full load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^^ i really appreciate that dude........
I am currently having Hykon 800 VA UPS. I enquired in the company Hykon from which i bought it, and they told me that the UPS is pure Sine Wave. .
not a problem dude.. :) i thought to jus update u on the UPS+PSU part so that u dnt buy sumthing that really doesn;t work in the LONG run.. :)

Well Tagan and Corsair would actually charge you more for their brand name! Just like Intel!!! ;-) ;-)
Well, Intel is Intel, no comments..lol... :D

Tagan and Corsair cost heavy on pocket but the users who use their products, hv a gr8 peace of mind dude, believe me.. :) tats y ppl who hv used them b4, recommend them to all.. :)

Sasta (cheap/unreliable products) roey (cry) baar baar ..Mehnga (costly) roey Ek baar..
:D
=========

Cheers n e-peace....

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I think the Tagan and the Corsair are a little overkill for people in Kerala; the place in fully covered with lots of sub distributors below the main distributors like RP, Tirupati and all...dats y the price is so high. I hav not much of a problem b'coz I hav some hold at the sub distributors level....so my advice is to get these online from Lynx, IT Wares or from mediahome.in

btw the Antec EA650 SLi costs the same as dat of Corsair VX550, it will be 4.8K + tax + shipping at Lynx. The GlacialPower GP-AL650AA would be more vfm and costs only 4.5k+shipping.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
GP-AL650AA is almost as good or even better than a VX 550 in pure poerformance. Just have a look at h/wsecret reviews. VX is exceptionally good for its rated power, and so is the GP. Both even under heavily overloaded conditions squeezes 82%+ efficiency at acceptable noise.
And GP seems to have much more vfm than VX. GP AL650AA costs mere 4.8k.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
AL650AA is one of the few PSUs that was reviewed by hardwaresecrets.com to hav 90% efficiency at normal loads, and at full load even when it was maxed out it had 82% efficiency. Isn't this enuf?!!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But Vx550 is more power efficient than AL650AA !!

Maybe in efficiency VX 550 leads by 1~2%. But what matters more isnt efficiency, but the load handling. VX 550 might handle some 650~670W at maximum overloaded conditions, while AL650AA handles 733W at max overloaded, and still 82% efficient.
Efficiency means the ratio of input AC power in Watts to the output DC power in Watts at any given time with ny load. The efficiency doesnt matter much, if the PSU can deliver more than enuf clean power, ie with minimum noise.

Noise levels of AL 650Aa or the VX is somewhat same.

Also remember Al 650AA is whole 1K cheaper. Its coz of the 3 yr warranty, while VX 550 has 5 yrs.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I having hard time finding a good PSU for my system in Pune :(.
Its a phenom II X3 720 with GTX 260, 1 hdd + 1 Optical drive + 4GB ram.

The best I am getting here is Tagan 500W, will it be sufficient for my rig?
How many variations of Tagan 500W PSU's are there in the market ?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ That's the problem, no one keeps tagan here and one shopkeeper has the 500W one and he refuses to order a 600W one.

OP
mahesh

mahesh

naughty boy :) :)
got my psu today. Here are the sample pictures.

*img193.imageshack.us/i/image000f.jpg/
*img91.imageshack.us/i/image001www.jpg/
*img194.imageshack.us/i/image002o.jpg/
*img23.imageshack.us/i/image003dvt.jpg/
*img33.imageshack.us/i/image004p.jpg/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom