Can someone explain this to me?(Nvidia graphics driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorva84

In the zone
i have a geforce fx5200 256 mb graphics card...after installing windows xp with service pack 3, i hadnt installed the latest nvidia driver cause xp had auto recognized the graphics card plus i dont play games these days..

here, have a look-------
*i32.tinypic.com/34sif0x.jpg

yesterday, i downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver from nvidia and i noticed this change....can u tell me what exactly it is...i couldnt understand how it changed...

here's the details after installing the latest driver-------
*i25.tinypic.com/admbdw.jpg

You know drivers are linkage between the OS and the Hardware. Windows sure detected b4 but it only has info about the card that its a graphic card. After installing the driver it gave extra info to the OS abt the card. And thats y u can see the increase in bandwidth and memory....
I think thats what u want....cheers!!

OP
A

apoorva84

In the zone
^^^so basically ,this means that wherever possible, we should install the specific drivers for the device and not rely on windows drivers(esp for stuff such as graphics cards and network adapters)

and i guess the performance of the games i play will dramatically increase...

y2j826

Journeyman
^^^so basically ,this means that wherever possible, we should install the specific drivers for the device and not rely on windows drivers(esp for stuff such as graphics cards and network adapters)

and i guess the performance of the games i play will dramatically increase...

yeaps thats true always try latest driver and dont rely on the drivers bundled with windows . . .

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Can plz anyone tell me that all the nVidia GPU's have universal driver set i.e forceware ? don't we have to download different drivers for each GPU ? .. i haven't updated my 8600 GT drivers even once !

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nvidia has different drivers for different series of chipsets.
For eg. Drivers for 9 series may be work with 8 series but not with 7 or 6 series

@ apoorva84
You should always install the drivers for your gfx cards.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Topgear is correct..the Forceware drivers come in series..and nVidia periodically releases the drivers..available at various sites. Usually they launch BETA versions..and at times they launch drivers specifically for game fixes. I usually pick up drivers from GURU3d. Below is the link..

It is important to have the latest drivers to get maximum optimal performance from your system.

Link for guru3d site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom