can some1 give fundas of torrent/peer/seeder/leecher/bitcomet/bitcomet tracker etc??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi
can ne1 give some knowledge about torrent/peer/seeder/leecher/bitcomet/bitcomet tracker.also if i am dwnloding somethin from bitcomet should i allow it to be uploaded also or should i only download it.does uploading effect my downloading speed???i have 64 kbps connection.so the speed is already low.would allowing upload further dereorate the speed.or is upload and download speeds diffrent i mean my max dwnlod speed is 8kbps.and suppose the upload speed is 3kbps.then do i get 5kbps(8-3=5) of dwnlod speed and 3kbps of upload speed .or there is dedicated speed of 8kbps for dwnlod and something similar for upload also.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=74105&cat_id=609&page=1

Lots of reading material.

\/endett/\

Broken In
Re: can some1 give fundas of torrent/peer/seeder/leecher/bitcomet/bitcomet tracker et

First...64 kbps isnt meant for downloading/torrents...try getting 256 kbps atleast.
Second....the main principle behind torrents is sharing;without uploading, there's not much downloading. For eg., if u set ur upload limit to 0, then most peers(except seeders) wouldnt keep u and will disconnect from u....so ur download speed will also suffer.
If u dont want to upload, then try P2P like Limewire,Shareaza etc. but they arent really as good as torrents.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: can some1 give fundas of torrent/peer/seeder/leecher/bitcomet/bitcomet tracker et

This is one tutorial formed here which will give you clear definitions about Torrent related terms:

Torrent for total Beginners

Savvy:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom