Can Mozilla/firefox with IE6 be installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
:idea:

can i install mozilla/firefox with IE ..... My system is P133mhz, will it support it...

Does it have all the applets and functions as IE 6.0

Pls provide me the link for dwnlod...........

Tks

swatkat

Technomancer
u can use any number of Browsers in ur computer, as long as only one is Default Browser....

yes, u can install FireFox in ur system, has all features and even more than IE....
*www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Man u can install any number of browsers.....

I have four different browsers installed.

And for download, cant u google?

*www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

And it has more fuctions and is better than IE 6.

[edit]
One minute late :twisted:

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I've installed firefox, how do i remove IE from here so it doesnt conflict with it.... I'd had a prob before when i'd opera installed, always used to conk up

:?:

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
ok man you dont need to remove i.E
nor will there be any conflicts
so use FF/opera/maxthon/ without any hesitation
and with peace of mind
about removing I.E it would be needed by some programs like yahoo messenger etc
so dont need to remove it

drgrudge

achacko@dataone.in said:
I've installed firefox, how do i remove IE from here so it doesnt conflict with it.... I'd had a prob before when i'd opera installed, always used to conk up
Hmm, as techno said there wont any problems.... , we can install N number of browsers.

We can remove IE using :
Start ->control panel ->add/remove programs->Add/remove windows component.

techno_funky said:
about removing I.E it would be needed by some programs like yahoo massenger
Y! messenge wont need that, only if IE is ur default browser, it may need the same. But Maxthon needs IE, i dint remove it.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
MSN messenger will still need IE and if u wanna download updates frm Microsfot's website, u need IE...also, some sites dont support other browsers...so keep IE there....

achacko@dataone.in said:

can i install mozilla/firefox with IE ..... My system is P133mhz, will it support it...

Tks

rather than installing why cant you use portable firefox!!!
works gr8

swatkat

Technomancer
drgrudge said:
achacko@dataone.in said:
Hmm, as techno said there wont any problems.... , we can install N number of browsers.

We can remove IE using :
Hmm...we can not remove IE, we can only revert it to the versions which was shipped with the Windows.....am i right?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You're right, ever since Windows 98 SE and Active Desktop, IE has been integrated into the Windows shell. Windows ME just sealed their marriage for eternity. The best you can do is reinstall IE to the version that shipped along with the OS on the install disc.

drgrudge

swatkat said:
drgrudge said:
achacko@dataone.in said:

We can remove IE using :
Hmm...we can not remove IE, we can only revert it to the versions which was shipped with the Windows.....am i right?
Hey, swat, i dont know if it can be removed or not but there is option to do the same, i tried to remove the windows messenger and was succesfull.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
neerajvohra said:
achacko@dataone.in said:

Tks

rather than installing why cant you use portable firefox!!!
works gr8

What do u mean by that... I'm really not a comp buff, it'll take some time
to attain it....... Tks........

:lol:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Internet Explorer 7 WILL NOT be launched soon. All Microsoft has said so far is that they are not gonna stick to their decision to release the next version of IE along with Longhorn. In the face of stiff competition from Firefox, which has made the IE user base drop below 90% (the first time since the browser wars of the 90s), Microsoft said that it would release IE7 as an update to Windows XP SP2 users before Longhorn releases. Microsoft has not confirmed whether it will be a standalone update or whether it will be rolled into Service Pack 3, which is already in the works. Analysts say the IE7 will most likely be part of the SP3 rollout. All other Windows users, anyone who does not Windows XP SP2, will have to wait until Longhorn to get IE7.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Firefox does not work with OnSpeed, the broadband plugin for dialup users. So, only ie and nothin else.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Dude , how do i install all the plugins for firefox so that i dont do it indivially when i go to web pages whch require it?

Tks...... :)

drgrudge

Go to : Tools > OptionsEdit > PreferencesFirefox > Preferences

Select the Downloads category and click the Plug-Ins... button. And u r done man.
You can also enable or disable currently installed plug-ins here.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
It show the plugins that r installed in the plugins menu, but it doesnt install new ones .... I need to update all the plugins needed by firefox, how do i do that?

Installed r shockwave flash only........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom